Greetings from the UK

  • Nowhen Man
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 14, 2003
      I've been watching the wonderful digitally remastered re-runs on
      Channel 4 on Sunday mornings, and it's been like stepping back into
      my childhood. It was funny how, not just the main theme, but the
      incidental music was so ingrained into my consciousness that I could
      still hum all the tunes - they must have stuck in my head since the
      early 70's!

      My one gripe is that Channel 4 cut the end titles - immediately
      after "...take a look overhead." I'm used to titles being cut and
      squished but in the case of the old Spider-man cartoons it's nothing
      less than criminal. oh well, it's still great to see these cartoons
      again and it's nice to watch them with my five year old son (who much
      prefers this version of Spidey to any of the super-dooper computer
      animated versions of today).
    • Sean Smailes
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2003
        I read somewhere that in the re-masters that they were considering changing the voices and music, I take it that thisis untrue?? Also I believe that these remasters are going to be put on DVD!!

        II've been watching the wonderful digitally remastered re-runs on
        Channel 4 on Sunday mornings, and it's been like stepping back into
        my childhood. It was funny how, not just the main theme, but the
        incidental music was so ingrained into my consciousness that I could
        still hum all the tunes - they must have stuck in my head since the
        early 70's!

        My one gripe is that Channel 4 cut the end titles - immediately
        after "...take a look overhead." I'm used to titles being cut and
        squished but in the case of the old Spider-man cartoons it's nothing
        less than criminal. oh well, it's still great to see these cartoons
        again and it's nice to watch them with my five year old son (who much
        prefers this version of Spidey to any of the super-dooper computer
        animated versions of today).

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ckuhvu2/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705018354:HM/EXP=1071491671/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=256085476>

      • nowhen_man@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2003
          --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Smailes" <sean@b...> wrote:
          > I read somewhere that in the re-masters that they were considering
          changing the voices and music, I take it that thisis untrue?? Also
          I believe that these remasters are going to be put on DVD!!

          They sound like the original voices to me, and the music is certainly
          the music we know and love so much here. A DVD release would be
          marvelous.

          BTW, Channel 4 are showing the cartoon on a daily basis from next
          Sunday. A real Christmas treat for Spidey fans. Just a shame they are
          on at the crack of dawn!