Hi Folks! '60s Spidey...whatta' show!

  • readcomix
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2008
      Hi! I read about this group @ marvelmasterworks.com and joined immediately. You seem
      like my kinda' folks. In 1974 @ 10 years old I started collecting comics, and Spider-Man
      quickly became a favorite. The "best" Spider-Man comics were the Marvel Tales I could
      pick up with the mighty pairing of Stan Lee and John Romita. The newer Spideys with Ross
      Andru art and a little darker subject matter (Harry Osborn going nuts, clones, etc.) were
      not as cool in my young mind.

      We went on a family vacation and I found the '60s Spider-Man cartoon while flipping
      through the channels I went *nuts*...these things were the absolute perfect rendition of
      my favorite hero (wallopin' websnappers)! After returning home I found that the cartoons
      were playing on Chicago's WFLD (I think!), channel 32. Also home to the great, cheezy
      Marvel Super-Heroes cartoons.

      My friends and I devoured the show, watching everyone we could. In our 10 year old minds
      it was absolutely perfect. We would go out and have huge super-hero wars in the
      neighborhood, enlisting anyone we could to join in. And the soundtrack going through
      each of our heads while battling it out was the way-cool Spider-Man '60s jazz-fest heard
      on the cartoon. Good times, good times.

      Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for listening!

      Barry
      readcomix