Re: [spidey-jazz] Re: Anybody got anything new to say?

  • Daniel Frazier
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
      If you are looking to make your own comic book, I just had my first one printed at Ka-Blam.com.  They are the only print-on-demand comic book publisher on the internet with very reasonable prices.  I ordered ten copies of my first book (a 20 page B&W superhero comic) at $1.40 each plus shipping.  For a comic-book enthusiast like me, this is a great deal.  The print quality was completely professional looking.  I am now working on my second issue.

      Fuzzy Dan.
      Fuzzy Dan.
      Does whatever
      a fuzzy can.

      "Henry R. Kujawa" <profh@...> wrote:
      "Anil" wrote:
      "I have been spending a bit of time listening to stuff off the KPM
      website. Some really cool stuff, but nothing spidey-related so far. It
      seems like most of that stuff has been checked extensively already.
      Several people have mentioned that some of the stuff must be from
      another sound library..... Anybody have any ideas?????"

      Back when the CD was being put together (and for a few months after),
      I downloaded around 3 dozen whole albums from the KPM site. Then I
      got busy on other things. Always meant to do more, but when I finally
      went back there, the entire site had been changed! And since then, I
      have been UNABLE to download ANYTHING! WTF?

      I've asked this before, but... do you HAVE to create an "account"
      there to do this? Because you didn't before.

      Or, is it that now, you really NEED "hi-speed internet"? (Which I
      don't have.)

      Or am I just missing something?

      I actually got ahold of a program called TOTAL RECORDER, just so I
      could record "REAL AUDIO" files off the internet. Came in handy with
      the APM site, let me tell you. But now, I'm just lost... With the
      completion of the disc, the momentum (and interest) here just dropped
      off...

      Meanwhile, I just spent 2 WEEKS putting together a brand-new
      "comic-book soundtrack" based on a lengthy script I wrote last year.
      It's a horror story, and I went to lengths I've never done before, as
      I was reading the script outloud with a stopwatch (or with music
      playing) so I could time tracks right for editing. 82 tracks total.
      Man, it was like scoring a film, only without the pictures! (I know, I
      have weird ideas about "fun".)

      A BIT of KPM music wound up in there (and a bit of SEL music as well--
      also from the APM site), but most of it was 3 composers: Robert Cobert
      (DARK SHADOWS), John Williams (LOST IN SPACE), and James Bernard
      (Hammer Films' DRACULA). What a blast!

      Now if I could ever get this thing turned into a comic-book (or a
      movie...!), I'd already know exactly what music to license.

    • Henry R. Kujawa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
        Daniel Frazier wrote:
        "If you are looking to make your own comic book, I just had my first
        one printed at Ka-Blam.com. They are the only print-on-demand comic
        book publisher on the internet with very reasonable prices. I ordered
        ten copies of my first book (a 20 page B&W superhero comic) at $1.40
        each plus shipping. For a comic-book enthusiast like me, this is a
        great deal. The print quality was completely professional looking. I
        am now working on my second issue."

        Damn! Sounds like something I realy need to look into... once I get a
        steady job again, first.