Re: [spidey-jazz] Re: thanks for everything!

  • Daniel Nolan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
      Agreed!

      Henry's CD is awesome.  Some of the tracks sound as good as anything recorded in the late 60's.

      I recently bought a new car (2006 Honda Civic Coupe) and since it kinda looks like a spy car my two sons (7and 10 years old) decided that the track "Get Him Boys" would be its theme song.  Spidey TNG!!!
      That CD lives in the car stereo and every time they get in the car they insist that I blast that track.  It kicks ass.  Here's a message from my sons:  "Henry, you rock... duuude".

      Dan Nolan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2007
        Daniel Nolan wrote:
        "decided that the track "Get Him Boys" would be its theme song.
        Spidey TNG!!!"

        Ah, yes-- Syd Dale! I know the title "The Hell Raisers" could be for
        any sort of generic trouble, but it cracks me up that it was also used
        in 'THE EVIL SORCERER" in the scene where Kotep summons his
        demon-army. "Hell-Raiser" indeed!

        "Here's a message from my sons: "Henry, you rock... duuude"."

        Thanks.

        I've really slowed down on custom CDs since putting that thing
        together (it was just so time-consuming). But this year I did a few
        comparitively "simple" projects. If anybody's like custom versions of
        DR. NO, FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE,
        e-mail me about it. All 3 are "chronological" (in the order of the
        films) and the first 2 have a lot of material never issued on LP or
        CD-- especially the first one. Even with some low-grade MP3s involved,
        they've still increased my appreciation (and enjoyment) of the scores
        tremendously.