"Mr. Budwing"

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2005
      I just heard another piece of APM music on TCM, as part of a
      documentary about the making of the movie "??" with James Garner &
      Susanne Pleashette.

      It was a just a brief except of a track, but it caught my attention.
      It's the tail-end of the bit in "Menace From The Bottom of the World"
      JUST before "L.S.D." ("Down the Hole") begins. Sadly, NOT on the
      current CD comp!

      Henry
    • Chris W.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2005
        Hey Prof,

        My Buddwing has a great score (by a guy named
        Kenyon Hopkins). One of the tracks (Hard Latin)
        is on one of the Thievery Corporation
        compilations. I've never seen the movie,
        so I don't know the KPM clip you are refering
        to, though.

        Regards,
        Chris

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/yPIolB/TM

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2005
          "Chris W." wrote:
          "My Buddwing has a great score (by a guy named Kenyon Hopkins). One of
          the tracks (Hard Latin) is on one of the Thievery Corporation
          compilations. I've never seen the movie, so I don't know the KPM clip
          you are refering to, though."

          I haven't seen the movie, either-- in fact, never heard of it 'til the
          other night when they ran that lengthy "coming attraction" for it.
          it's possible the KPM clip I heard (it was only about 5-10- seconds)
          may not be in the film at all-- only the promo film.

          If you've seen "Menace From The Bottom of the World", it comes JUST
          before "L.S.D." ("Down the Hole") begins. It has some horns blowing
          what sounds like something spiraling downward before it stops-- then
          "L.S.D." begins in the cartoon.

          I guess it's the end of the piece I tend to call "Better Investigate",
          as that's what Spider-Man says before he swings off the rooftop to
          take a look at the hole where the bank just disappeared.

          So many tracks still not identified!!! :)