Whats up with this group?

  • Chris Want
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      You might be asking "What's up with the group?"

      Well, my former band Mole City recorded a medley
      of Spider-man music about 4 years ago, and
      in the process we had some exposure to some
      of the authors of the music, as outlined on
      our website:

      http://www.ualberta.ca/~cwant/molecity/spidey.html

      Unfortunately, since the passing of our
      bass player Charles and Bob Harris,
      I haven't had much of an involvement
      in the process of obtaining a recording
      of the original Spider-Man cues ... but
      others have mailed me that they have been
      in contact with Ray Ellis, so I thought
      this list might be a good way for
      people to share information about
      the Spidey jazz music we all know and love!

      Now for some spidey news:

      ---
      The band 'Volume' (from Winnipeg) released a
      whole CD of Spider-Man cues:

      http://www.spider-band.com/

      I have a copy -- it's good stuff!

      ---
      Other recent news: there are people out there
      working on restoring and updating the original
      cartoon -- and this includes updating the
      coice track and music (god knows what). You
      can read more here:

      http://www.animationartist.com/2002/11_nov/news/bv_spiderman.htm#

      (thanks to Doug for passing this on).

      ---

      Anyways, I hope this list becomes a useful
      meeting point for those who are interested
      in the old Spidey music. If you have any additional
      news about the music please feel free to post it
      here!

      Regards,
      Chris Want