SPIDEY COVERS

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2013
      Once again, I've been running off copies of the discs for someone, and given them a "test-drive" to make sure they're okay. Today, in addition, I've also had my index open, and I've been comparing the tracks on the "SPIDEY COVERS" disc to the Ray Ellis tracks, wither on "SPIDER-MAN 1967", or to some of the tracks from the DVDs I copied to my computer several months ago.

      Anyone who has a copy of "SPIDEY COVERS" (assembled back in June 2008 by Kevin Artinian, before I had a chance to do it myself!) may have noticed that the track titles do NOT really correspond accurately with whrre the songs appeared. Which is why I have to come up with my own, in order to keep things straight, if only for myself and future work on this (still-ongoing) project.

      This seemed a good time to pass on the current update. If there's any info I'm missing ("??") please feel free to jump in. I know after August 2010 just how dedicated and fanatical some of you other guys are! : )

      1 - SPIDER-MAN THEME (vocal) / Volume // Bob Harris

      2 - "Sandman" / "MOODY HORN" / Volume // Ray Ellis
      (from "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY")

      3 - "King Pinned" / ?? / Volume // ??

      4 - "Dementia 5" /
      "FAREWELL TO EVERYTHING" /
      "A GALAXY DESTROYED" / Volume // ??
      (from "REVOLT IN THE FIFTH DIMENSION")

      5 - "Tribute" (medley) /
      "CONFRTONATION" /
      "DANGEROUS ENCOUNTER" /
      "CONFRONTATION" / Volume // Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" / "??")

      6 - "Red Dog Melvin" / ?? / Volume / ??
      (from "??")

      7 - "Electro" /
      "??" /
      "BUILDING SUSPENSE" /
      "??" /
      "BUILDING SUSPENSE" / Volume / Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" / "??")

      8 - "Jameson" / "JAZZY LINK" / Volume / Ray Ellis
      (from "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY")

      9 - "Instrumental" / "SPIDER-MAN THEME (INSTR.)" /
      Volume / Bob Harris / Ray Ellis
      (from "??")

      10 - "Medley" (medley) /
      "CONFRONTATION" /
      "SPIDEY SWINGS!" /
      "MOODY HORN" / Grimskunk / Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" /
      "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY" /
      "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY")

      11- "The Daily Bugle" (medley) /
      "JAZZY LINK" /
      "??" /
      "JAZZY LINK" /
      "CONFRONTATION" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY" /
      "??" /
      "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY" /
      "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS")

      12 - "Menace of the Molemen" (medley) /
      "HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS" / Moxxi / ??
      "STREET BEAT" / Moxxi / Kenny Graham
      "CONFRONTATION" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "MENACE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD" /
      "??" /
      ""THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS"

      13 - "Spider-Man's Greatest Foes" (medley) /
      "BUILDING SUSPENSE" /
      "??" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" / "??")

      14 - "Spider-Sense" (medley)
      "CRIME SCENE" /
      "DANGEROUS ENCOUNTER" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" / "??")

      15 - "Swing Music" /
      "MOODY HORN" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "SUB -ZERO FOR SPIDEY")

      16 - "Swing Shift" /
      "SPIDEY SWINGS AT NIGHT" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "??")

      17 - "With Great Power" /
      "SPIDEY ON THE PROWL" / Moxxi / Ray Ellis
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS")

      18 - "Swing And Dig It" (medley) / Mole City (band)
      "BUILDING SUSPENSE" / Ray Ellis (all except...)
      "STOP LOOK AND LISTEN" / David Lindup (composer)
      "??" /
      "MOODY FLUTE" /
      "SPIDEY ON THE PROWL" /
      "(Peter Parker)" /
      "ON THE SCENE" /
      "??" /
      "CRIME SCENE" /
      "BETTY BRANT" /
      "CONFRONTATION" /
      "SPIDEY SWINGS!"
      (from "THE POWER OF DR. OCTOPUS" /
      "THE SCOURGE OF THE SCARF" /
      "THE MENACE OF MYSTERIO" /
      "SUB-ZERO FOR SPIDEY"

      19 - "SPIDER-MAN THEME (Vocal)" / Michael Buble / Bob Harris
      (contains excerpts of "Sing Sing Sing" by Louis Prima)

      As you may notice from the above list, the vast majority of the songs covered all come from the 1st 2 stories-- that's the first EPISODE! Despite the huge amount of Spidey tracks, a few also seem to get covered more than others.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2013
        Boy, this Yahoo group text formatting really SUCKS big-time, doesn't it? I put in all kinds of "indents" and everything got shoved to the left side of the screen...

        I missed one. Kenny Graham's "Street Beat" appears in "HOME".

        It's the scene where Spidey sees... "MORE Spider-Men!"