RE: [spidey-jazz] Marvel Superheroes/Spider-Man Stock Music

  • Mark Saracen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012

      Hi Matt,

      Check the groups archive. Three or four of us broke a good piece of this down a year or two ago. Off hand, I can’t find the info, but it’s here.

      For example, the majority of the Sub-Mariner cues came from one composer, and actually one disc. You’ll find those cues in Thor, also. They were named as sci-fi themes, but were used to create the idyllic fantasy sounds.

      Some did come from KPM. At one time, I found a MSH cue on a Ren & Stimpy comp that was from the RCA archives.

      I'm fairly new to the group. I actually joined several months ago, but I just haven't had time to sit down and ask some questions until now.

      My question actually concerns the stock music used for the Marvel Superheroes show from 1966 a little more than Spider-Man, although some of the same cues were used for both shows. I was just wondering if anyone knew or had a list of the names of any of the cues used or at least what music library they originally came out of. KMP? DeWolfe? Somewhere else? I know this is a long shot because I've been scouring the net for some time and any relevant info on this music is very hard to come by. But I figure if anyone would know, it's probably this group of people.

      Anyway, if anyone can help shed some light please let me know.

      Thanks very much!

      Matt

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        "Mark Saracen" wrote:
        "Check the groups archive. Three or four of us broke a good piece of this down a year or two ago. Off hand, I can't find the info, but it's here.
        For example, the majority of the Sub-Mariner cues came from one composer, and actually one disc. You'll find those cues in Thor, also. They were named as sci-fi themes, but were used to create the idyllic fantasy sounds.
        Some did come from KPM. At one time, I found a MSH cue on a Ren & Stimpy comp that was from the RCA archives."

        I'd be interested in a list myself. I've been here for more than 8 years now, but I don't remember much about this particular discussion.

        Henry
      • Mark Saracen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2013

          I ended up watching an old Godzilla film this weekend, Ghidrah, from ’65 IIRC, and its US dubbed print has the same Namor/Thor fantasy cues heard all over MSH.

          It’s funny how you can spot these things after you’ve isolated the original tracks.