SCAM artists

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012
      I just spent an hour online having a conversation with someone via Yahoo Chat, who turned out to be a SCAM artist.

      It was (ALLEGEDLY) for a work-at-home administrative position. Everything seemed above-board, until we got to the point where I found I would need a TON of software (more than anyone could possibly need, use or learn) and the COST ("to be reimbursed" by them) was far LESS than it could possibly be for that many programs, AND, that the accepted form of payment (thru a "3rd party vendor they've used for many years") would be via Western Union.

      While I was still online with the guy, I PHONED the company in question, who not only did not know the person I was chatting with, but immediately told me they've been having a LOT of reports of this kind of problem. I wound up e-mailing them what info I had on the guy, and then also sent the same info to Jobster.com, where the ad I'd originally applied to was posted.

      I should feel a lot worse than I do...