Saving Streaming Media

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17 10:38 AM
      I know this was addressed a few YEARS ago, but here's goes.

      Can any one reccomend a FREE program to download "Streaming media"?

      Since late 2004, I've been using TOTAL RECORDER (which was NOT free), but it looked like there was a chance (not 100% sure) that my program may have gotten corrupted, so I just UNINSTALLED it.

      I haven't been using it too much lately, but it seemed notable that on 3 different occasions, a problem cropped up right after I turned it on, involving my "Windows Profile" NOT wanting to come up. the computer would take 3-4 times as long to turn on, half the cons were missing, etc.

      So I figured, to be on the same side, GET RIDE of the suspect program.

      I know some people here reccomended FREE programs (shortly after I PAID $40.00 for this one-- grrrrrrr). So I figured I'd ask here.

      Any suggestions?

      Henry

      PS: I got TOTAL RECORDER so I could save "Streaming media"-- specifically, from the KPM site. You CAN'T download from there-- only "preview" music. Which is why a program that allows you to record & save "Streaming media" is ESSENTIAL. Without this, the "SPIDER-MAN 1968" and "SPIDER-MAN 1967" discs WOULD NOT EXIST.

      Any help greatly appreciated!
    • Robert Iuvale
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20 7:47 PM
        Hi Henry, I got the discs thank you.

        I use Replay Media Catcher to catcher streaming audio and video.  I've used it for years.  Latest version seems very solid.

        http://applian.com/download-videos/

        Rob

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21 8:36 AM
          Robert Iuvale wrote:
          "Hi Henry, I got the discs thank you."

          You're welcome. Hope you enjoy them. (Now I gotta check to see what art I may have to send you.)

          "I use Replay Media Catcher to catcher streaming audio and video. I've used it for years.  Latest version seems very solid.

          http://applian.com/download-videos/

          Thanks.

          The other day, I found the e-mail from when I ordered Total Recorder. Turns out it cost $12.00 at the time. It also said customer should be able to get UPGRADES for FREE. I'd forgotten about this.

          So many programs which relate to the Internet are constantly being upgraded, usually for "security" reasons. And as it happens, this program is 8 YEARS OLD, without a single upgrade. Which may explain either it being corrupted or infected. (Could have been either.)

          I'm not sure what caused the problem, but, the problem SEEMS to be gone now. So I may try downloading the new version of the thing, now that I've contacted the company with my new e-mail address. They sent me the code I'd need to download. We'll see.