Re: Dr. Magneto

  • rob_ocelot
    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2012
      --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "profh0011" <hkujawa@...> wrote:

      > Makes me wonder. Can't imagine the character were already licesned anywhere else. Can't imagine any reason that Marvel would only license certain SPIDER-MAN characters but not others.

      All the more puzzling that they used 2/3 of The Enforcers, leaving out Fancy Dan and renaming Montana to the (very generic) "Cowboy".

      I suspect they negotiated the rights for a certain number of characters and created their own look-a-likes or changed the names when they needed more.

      > "Interestingly, I recently noticed that a G-L villain had crossed over into Marvel comics -- The 5th Avenue Phantom appeared in some Spider-Girl issues as La Fantome. Technically Spider-Girl takes place in a separate future reality of the regular Marvel comics, but don't let that stop you from reading some great stories."
      >

      > Oh, really?

      Here's a pic: http://www.picwizz.com/upload/11212-4208.JPG

      Even has those funny angled breast pockets!

      (Source: Spider-girl v1 #90 p3)
    • eightman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
        It could have been worse.  They may have had to give us the Verdant Troll....or Mr. 8 Legs. :)) laughing