Re: Collective effort to assemble the 'holy grail'. Any takers?

  • gmomo777
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2011

      Anybody here??  here........here..........here......

      :-/

      --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "gmomo777" <amproms@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > but this is awesome news Gerald, thx.
      > It's always a challenge working with varying quality audio and trying
      > to put a cohesive track together with pieces. I figure we start with the
      > best quality versions as the base and only use lesser quality versions
      > as 'emergency patches'. With that said... if there are too many patches
      > it will be unbearable. So, there may be cases where it's just best to
      > lower the quality of the good parts, just to match the bad parts. What
      > do u think?
      > Remaining answers in blue
      > > 1) Do you have an audio editing tool that you prefer to use? If so,
      > let me
      > > know. Logic
      > >
      > > 2) Please refresh my memory - which link at the left houses
      > Stephanie's cue
      > > sheet? Check the links on the left of this forum page: "Home,
      > Messages, Post, Attachments, Files, Photos, LINKS" etc. I think it's
      > accessible to members only, so I didn't want to post a direct link.
      > >
      > > 3) Can you fire me (or attach for the group) a sample of a filled-in
      > cue
      > > sheet (or at least some smaple entries)? Having not yet seen the cue
      > sheet,
      > > I'm not sure of the naming conventions. Did u see the examples I gave
      > on the first post? Tell me what you think. I'm in favor of the shared
      > doc, actually, but I just tried to simplify the process.Just in case
      > here's the formula I came up with:Episode # -> starting time of the
      > cue -> "Stephanie's" Spidey MP3 archive Cue #
      > Real-world example:Episode 3 starts @: 1.09 spidey-track_03
      > > > 4) I have a copy of the DVD set - do I need to use the sreaming
      > MArevel
      > > version or will the DVD copy be usable? I haven't checked if the
      > timing on the DVD's are the same as the ones on the Marvel site. If
      > they're the same, then by all means. Otherwise, if folks find it easier
      > to work with their DVD's then I guess it's fine, we'll just have to
      > figure the offset. On another note, I only have 192kbps MP3's
      > but I would love to work with a lossless format. If you could provide
      > those it would certainly guarantee the highest quality product yet.
      > >
      > > 5) Does this above mentioned cue sheet relate to the Excel spreadsheet
      > Henry
      > > submitted ages ago? Is it based on this document? Haven't seen it.
      > -been trying to get something like this since I joined the forum. Please
      > post a link if it'll help the cause! [:D]
      > >
      > > 6) Lastly, did you manage to get a copy of the "edited" song that
      > Henry is
      > > talking about - I got a copy of the KPM disc years ago, but do not
      > have the
      > > most current one with this edited (pieced together) track(s). I don't
      > have any collections other than the "Stephanie" archive mentioned
      > earlier.
      > >
      > > Let me know!
      > Thanks again bud! IT'S HAPPENING! yay! >

    • Uncle Vic
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2011
        Hello everyone.

        I would like to help!!! Currently, my computer is facing some technical issues like no sound (sound card issue) and on top of that, Im not all that technical. That being said, I will volunteer my time to be part of this project!!! I am in the process of getting my computer fixed very soon and Im sure it's probably not that hard to catalog all these various audio sounds. Any recommendations for software if any? Im hoping when the project is ready to commence that there is a definite set of guidelines we can work off of. People like me need that (lol). Anyway, here's my preliminary vote for in on this. Once I get my cptr tuned back up, I'll notify the group as well!!!

        Thanks,

        Victor Pascali
        Spidey Jazz fan since '67

      • Gerald at Home
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2011
          Message
          Ha ha - sorry gmomo - been a bit tied up for a the past 10 days.  My little guy had an operation and was home all week.  Looking good now though!  Lemme review your responses and Ill fire you something tomorrow.

          Hey - fire me a personal message - have some specifics on this project we need to know.  Thanks!

          Gerald

          Anybody here??  here........here..........here......

          :-/

          No virus found in this message.

        • gmomo777
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 19, 2011
            Hey Henry, any luck on that database I requested?

            --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald at Home" <geraldad@...> wrote:

            > Ha ha - sorry gmomo - been a bit tied up for a the past 10 days. My little
            > guy had an operation and was home all week. Looking good now though! Lemme
            > review your responses and Ill fire you something tomorrow.
            >
            > Hey - fire me a personal message - have some specifics on this project we
            > need to know. Thanks!
            >
            > Gerald
            > www.geraldadams.ca

          • Fab Fusaro
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 19, 2011
              Zoinks - not sure how I missed this request over a month ago (actually I have a pretty good idea how, just can't believe I didn't catch it...)

              Anyhow, I'm willing to help - let me know what episodes you still need assistance with. I have a fair bit of editing experience (along with some decent software), but not a lot of voice-over deletion expertise - willing to give it a shot though.

              f2

              P.S. I have the DVDs - willing to use the Marvel streams (or NetFlix for that matter), although I assume the DVDs will give us the best results...

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
                Fab Fusaro wrote:
                "not a lot of voice-over deletion expertise"

                Someone else said this before... you CAN'T remove voice-overs. It's physically impossible.

                What you do is, you put together multiple versions of the same songs, and EDIT TOGETHER the parts of the songs WITHOUT voice-overs.

                This is how parts of the already-existing "Ray Ellis DVD-RIP" were assembled (I've been trading this the last 6 months as part of the "SPIDER-MAN 1967" disc). It's also how I once put together a copy of the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" cartoon end-credit, when the local channel had the most OBNOXIOUS voice-over on it you ever heard in your life. (I had to splice 3 different pieces of the tune together to get ONE good one.)

                I also once spliced together the full-length of "The Blue Danube" from the "2001" soundtrack-- from the LP. On the LP, it was split up into 2 separate tracks. I know thast's stupid, but that's what they did. The current CD has the full-length near the end, as it appeared that way over the end credits of the movie (and beyond).

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
                  "gmomo777" wrote:
                  "Hey Henry, any luck on that database I requested?"

                  I did e-mail a copy to somebody...

                  ANYONE who'd like a copy of the current "work-in-progress" list of song titles from the TV episodes, e-mail me DIRECTLY and I'll send you a copy of what I have. Keep in mind, it ksspe getting updated over time.

                  Also, VERY FEW of the Ray Ellis tracks have any kind of "official" titles (I just haven't been able to focus on it).

                  Henry
                • Fab Fusaro
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 20, 2011
                    Henry,

                    I recall TV commercials (was it Mr. Microphone?) that claimed the product could "kareoke-ize" music to allow the consumer to sing over well known songs by established artists - this seemed somewhat plausible if specific (I.e. human voice, for example) frequency ranges were filtered out. I never assumed that this could be perfect/lossless, but it seems like a valid starting point for editing.

                    At the end of the day, any piece has to be reconstructed - the question is do you start with a complete resection of the "contaminated" track and try to reconstruct the entire waveform, or is it easier to reconstruct specific parts of the track that are deemed too lossy? My guess is that it depends on the piece.

                    I defer to you as your experience with this is certainly beyond mine.

                    F2

                    Sent from my iPhone