Re: [spidey-jazz] Re: Diet o' Destruction outtakes

  • GERALD ADAMS
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
      Ha ha - yes, I noted a few funny parts I remembered, but Rodney's take on Nov. 8 made me howl, specifically:
      --  Yes.. as a kid I noticed the tire screeching sound Spidey's feet made..
      --  When the monster stopped turned and looked after Spidey snapped a picture.. "HERE!! have some molten metal balls!!" Could they have possibly chosen a funnier sound than "bloop, bloop, bloop"?
      --  Just as Spidey's taking care of the flaming areas of the park.. for the FIRST time.. the monster disappears!!  How many places could it POSSIBLY hide??  Then again if you've seen Roland Emmerich's Godzilla 1998... Well after all, he had only a few metal fences and some poles so he still was only 30 feet -hee hee
      --  Back at the Daily Bugle when JJJ realizes the monster is real through all the calls.. he slams the phone receivers together.. my first thought is OUCH!! ..if I was one of the two people on the phone.. Yeah!  My little guy ALWAYS comnents on that bash!  and SECOND.. JJJ screams where in blazes is PP.. What?  Is he like the ONLY photographer that works for the Daily Bugle?  Or perhaps he's the only one that will take JJ's incessant abuse.
      --  How come when Peter is mixing 'new web formula' (Look carefully here folks!) the test tube he DUMPED right over.. it STILL has some 'fluid' in it!!  BOTH TIMES!!! when he's mixing it!!  AND how is it that a DROP of the new formula in the webshooter 'spinneret' CHANGES the whole web?? C'mon Rodney - it's obviously the concentrated Tide with added bleach power.  ;)
      --  When Spidey jumps in a magnet 'catapillar' ((huh? Apparently he can operate heavy machinery..?)) and begins to win the tug'o'war.. the monster.. "Oh NO you don't!  I still have a free hand!" CHa ha - I LOOOVE that part - the monster reaches over his shoulder - funny.  I think it's the same caterpillar from the Sands of Time episode.
      --  Then when Spidey escapes.. the monster throws a pile of cars at him.. and Spidey protects himself.. BY SPINNING a WEB UMBRELLA??  Huh.. REALLY?  I mean come on.. Spider man doesn't possess the power of Captain Universe for twenty years.. (See the 'Acts of Vengeance' crossover when gaining the powers of Captain Universe, which is where his webbing can act to his mental thoughts and form anything) Yeah Spidey could do amazing things with that webbing - like the propeller in the Flying Dutchman episode.  After all, he is "amazing" right...?
      --  Yes.. AGAIN the monster disappears.. where..? I think he was hiding in plain view.
      --  Now back at the Daily Bugle..  "Nothing NEW on the teletype about the monster.."  "I COULD have told you THAT!"  ((You just did..))  They leave for lunch..
      --  JJJ flicks a zippo lighter to light.. an ALREADY LIT cigar..?  (Huh?) HA HA - I missed that one!
      --  statement of the obvious.. "It looks like he's working his way toward the BRIDGE.." Yeah I loved that about the narrative - always help the kiddies figure out what was going on.
      --  How does Spidey know how to operate a tug-boat?  The Caterpillar I'll give him perhaps.. but a boat? Again, he's amazing!

      Was always my favorite episode of 'clear' Spider-mans. Hey - Rodney - what did you mean by "clear"?

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
        Hilarious stuff fellas, I gotta add a few to add...

        Theme song says, "Action is his reward" but find me an episode where Spidey doesn't look forward to getting some sleep??  I-) Anyways... back to the show :)

        Gotta love the perfect timing of the episode title appearing right after Spidey looks at the camera and says, "Walloping Websnapers! What was that? A metal eating~ monster!"  --> <cue Title> "DIET OF DESTRUCTION" <BUM-BUM-BUM-BUMmmm> ....... 8-|  Hey ma, where's the remote?! LOL!  Ya just knew this was gonna be a bad one!   (But nothing beats Episode 12's intro when Spidey goes in the empty room and says, "Nobody!" -> <cue Title> "SPIDER-MAN MEETS DOCTOR NOAH BODY"  <cue punchline jazz number>  Maaa!! The remote!?!? haha)

        Rodney nailed it! Loved the part when Spidey takes a pic of the monster and the monster turns around with hands on hips like an angry woman as if to say, "Humph! Now, you should be ashamed of yo' self !!" :-D

        Surprised nobody mentioned that after Spidey makes the syrum and swings his way onto a rooftop he clearly see a Cadillac gliding through the air and states the obvious, "I'd swear that was a car?"  ........ OMG! I mean, how fast was it really going that he wasn't sure!? LOL
        Speaking of speed... Spidey sees the monster 'running away' in 3-4 frames :D (good one Gerald!) and says, "Gone again!" ........  So how come Spidey couldn't catch 'em?   I, embarrassingly, admit that I took the time to calculate that Spidey can travel ~250MPH via web cuz it took him just a few hours to go from NYC to get to Dr. Connors in Florida!  ... So ahm... need I restate the question? :-/

        We should do this for every episode and take notes of when each music cue comes up while we're at it! ;) haha.
        Don't get me started on "To Catch a Spider" ;-D The one liners are absolutely priceless!
        Anyways, any update on the DVD audio files?

        Until next time, be well fellas
        Greg

      • Rodney Forsberg
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
          I meant 'clear' as in the backgrounds were nice and unobstructed as opposed to Ralph Bakshi's 'yeah yeah.. we're all tripping on acid' multicolor backgrounds....  Let's take apart every episode that we can.. I still laugh out at..**follows right with index finger --don't want to lose place!!** "TWO.. FOOLISH.. FLIES.. CAPTURED.. BY.. YOUR.. FRIENDLY.. NEIGHBORHOOD.......... SPIDER-MAN!!"  ((don't want to speak too fast and lose any kids following along...))

          I'll 'do another episode commentary' soon.. Spidey's on.. (actually right now on Teletoon Retro..)

          Rod

> [...]
          > season's DVD episodes look like they were captured from an original
          > source that was projected onto a screen (colors are subdued and
          > contrasty).  We used to do this in the 80's when someone
          > wanted 35mm
          > slides or old Super 8 films transfered to video.  There's a
          > betterprocess today (scanning individual frames), but it really
          > looks like
          > they didn't use it for the later episodes (screen image floats around
          > slowly like old movies). Also, these latter episodes are really
          > croppedtoo - some scenes are missing upwards of 25% of the image
          > - Spidey's
          > head is even cropped at the top of some - ugh...  I would
          > still have
          > bought the DVDs if I had known, but it would have been slightly fairer
          > to release season 1 in all its remastered glory and save the

          ____________________________
          geraldad@...
          www.geraldadams.ca
          (204) 338-2366

        • Rodney Forsberg
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
            My brother and I were especially amused at the cop beside the 'reading cop' as he was craning his head over the over the other's shoulder so intently as if reading his first Playboy...

            RTH

> [...]

            > season's DVD episodes look like they were captured from an original
            > source that was projected onto a screen (colors are subdued and
            > contrasty).  We used to do this in the 80's when someone
            > wanted 35mm
            > slides or old Super 8 films transfered to video.  There's a
            > betterprocess today (scanning individual frames), but it really
            > looks like
            > they didn't use it for the later episodes (screen image floats around
            > slowly like old movies). Also, these latter episodes are really
            > croppedtoo - some scenes are missing upwards of 25% of the image
            > - Spidey's
            > head is even cropped at the top of some - ugh...  I would
            > still have
            > bought the DVDs if I had known, but it would have been slightly fairer
            > to release season 1 in all its remastered glory and save the

            ____________________________
            geraldad@...
            www.geraldadams.ca
            (204) 338-2366

          • Gerald at Home
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2011
              Message
              You guys are KILLING me!!!!!

              - "I'd swear that was a car?"
              - "TWO... FOOLISH... FLIES..."

> [...]

              > season's DVD episodes look like they were captured from an original
              > source that was projected onto a screen (colors are subdued and
              > contrasty).  We used to do this in the 80's when someone
              > wanted 35mm
              > slides or old Super 8 films transfered to video.  There's a
              > betterprocess today (scanning individual frames), but it really
              > looks like
              > they didn't use it for the later episodes (screen image floats around
              > slowly like old movies). Also, these latter episodes are really
              > croppedtoo - some scenes are missing upwards of 25% of the image
              > - Spidey's
              > head is even cropped at the top of some - ugh...  I would
              > still have
              > bought the DVDs if I had known, but it would have been slightly fairer
              > to release season 1 in all its remastered glory and save the

              geraldad@...
              www.geraldadams.ca
              (204) 338-2366

              No virus found in this message.