Re: [spidey-jazz] BEWARE of SCAM ARTISTS

  • Rodney Forsberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20 10:48 PM
      Ouch.. no fun.. I know what that's like. Changing debit cards or mastercard numbers. no fun at all..

      Rod

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21 1:24 AM
        "vincent schmitt"wrote:
        "In my job I've had to call a lot of customers with some type of issue with a utility account. When it came to messed up automatic bank payment setups they would start to give me all their info over the phone. I would lecture them them not to do that and would give them the 800 business office and advise them to never ever give that kind of information out to a cold call."

        It's SCARY, that I KNOW this, and yet it can be so easy to get conned, if you're not thinking straight.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2011
          Rodney Forsberg wrote:
          "Ouch.. no fun.. I know what that's like. Changing debit cards or mastercard numbers. no fun at all.."

          A friend sent around another warning the other day, this one involves someone calling people to tell them they were contacted for JURY DUTY, when they really hadn't been. In order to cancel "arrest orders", they ask to "confirm" SS #s,... I think we need to have some crimes people should be executed for... (or at least, sentenced to 10 years hard labor).

          Henry
        • TERRY BAKER
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2011