The Kentucky Fried Movie

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2011
      Hi Noel,
      Just watched THE KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE. After all this time, it's stull funny as hell, though tonight, I thought the funniest part was pure visual comedy-- when the gorilla goes on a rampage in the tv new studio after they suggest it might be impotent...

      Over the last week, I watched all my Bruce Lee movies, and wanted to see this again because of its "Feature Presentation" right in the middle-- A FISTFUL OF YEN, staring Evan Kim as "Mr. Lu", who tackles the mountain fortress of the evil "Dr. Klahn". It is so much a MAD magazing parody of ENTER THE DRAGON, I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it.

      At one point, Klahn has 2 prisoners brought before him. He replaces his fake hand with a machete blade-- DECAPITATES the 1st prisoner-- and then, tells his guards-- "Now-- take him for torture!" The 2nd prisoner is not scared. "You can't frighten me, you slant-eyed yellow bastard!" "TAKE HIM TO DETROIT!" "NO! NOT DETROIT!! NO!! NO!!!!!"

      More than a decade later, Evan Kim co-starred in THE DEAD POOL as Dirty Harry's partner!

      Right near the end of the film, there's a segment called "DANGER SEEKERS", where they play the intro of Johnny Pearson's "POWER DRIVE"!

      The segment involves a man named "Rex Kramer", who lives for danger. He puts on a jumpsuit and crash helmet, walks over to a group of black men shooting craps, steps right into the middle of them, and then, at the top of his lungs, yells out the "N" word-- and runs! They all turn, say, "SAY WHAT??", and chase after him.

      Henry
    • Rodney Forsberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2011
        That was and still is one of my all time favorite movie Henry!  Yeah to this day my brother still laugh silly over the "N*ggers!!!!"  Loved the "AIIEEYAAHH!!" **martial artist jumps in air --flying side kick...** --freeze frame to "A FISTFUL OF YEN" then words disappear as martial artist falls out of frame to CRASH! BANG! TINKLE!!...  My personal favorite part (fake movie) of the whole movie.. so many parts.. the villain taking off his fake hand and putting an electric shaver on.. or after capturing the hero the villain says.. "I can tell you are ANXIOUS.. to see.. MY OPA-WATION..." **lifts shirt to show appendectomy scar**

        Incidentally thanks to your mention.. I downloaded 'The Villian'.. it's pretty funny but I remember like most 'slapstick' movies critics NEVER like those films!  I read in an Ah-nold biography that Vincent Canby of NY times claimed that Arnold's facial expressions were considerably more limited then the horse.  In all fairness the horse was AMAZING!!  I loved where Kirk Douglas was trying to make a getaway and he runs outside to find his horse drunk.. and then sits down wobbling!  Great movie.. and Ann Margaret.. wow wow WOW!

        Rod

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2011
          And it had George Lazenby as 'The Architect' in 'That's Armageddon!".

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2011
            "lazenbyland" wrote:
            "And it had George Lazenby as 'The Architect' in 'That's Armageddon!"."

            I love the line... "YOU WILL BE SCARED S***LESS!!"