1967-70 series: seeking up-beat 25sec-long instrumental intermezzo/filler

  • Oren Satov
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2011
      I have practically no information about the clip I'm looking for, but I can whistle it from start to finish. I bet that sounds familiar for a lot of you.

      I did some searching online and in particular at YouTube but couldn't find what I was looking for.

      Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, in any episode this short piece played it appeared in only 1 of 2 spots, and may not have been present in all of the seasons. Those 2 spots are: between stories (for the 2 shorter-story episodes); and just prior to the closing credits (presumably to fill/kill time).

      As far as visuals go, I don't remember much, but I don't feel too bad about this since I haven't seen it in almost 20 years. What I recall could be completely wrong, but it's that the video is basically a collage of people in Peter Parker's life (including Peter). The theme might be "Peter's hectic life". I am even less sure about this, but there may be clips of JJJ slamming a door and another of Betty Brant. I don't recall if there are any actual Spider-man references which might mean there aren't any.

      My guesstimate of 25 seconds for the duration of the clip is 100% based on how long it for takes me to whistle the tune. If I have the wrong tempo (pretty fast) then my guess could be way off.

      If I had to guess at the main instruments based on recall I'd say brass (maybe), drums (lots) and guitar.

      Does anyone know what I'm talking about? How about what this music is called? Better yet, does anyone know where I can find it (so my whistling doesn't have to be the sole source of enjoyment for me)?

      Many thanks in advance!

      Oren
    • General Veers
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2011
        One place to get it is on the '67 dvd collection, although I don't remember exactly where it is, but that version includes the voice over of spiderman talking about his next adventure, and in this case, 'Revolt in the fifth dimension'.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2011
          You're talking about the "Don't miss next week" montage in Seasons 2 & 3, right?

          I've wondered about that music for some time. Was it Ray Ellis? Did it appear ANYWHERE in season 1 at all? Or was it a piece of KPM (or Carlin, of DeWolff, or something else) music?

          Anyway, the full track is on the new SPIDER-MAN 1967 disc I'm trading, thanks to the "Ray Ellis DVD Rip" done by Dan O'Shannon that Paul Ettinger sent me. And here's the kicker-- O'Shannon (apparently) EDITED the track from several different versions, so there's NO VOICE-OVER!!

          If you send me a direct e-mail, I can send you a copy of just that track.

          Henry
        • golemangraphics
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19, 2011
            Do you know the name of this "Don't Miss Next Week" track?