Re: KPM music CDs

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
      "Uncle Vic" wrote:
      "Hi everyone. Hey Im sure this question has been asked but are there any ways of obtaining the Season 1 music as well? I've been reading bout it and Im assuming it never made it out of the studio or the like. Also, I would like to trade for Season 2 and 3 music, namely the KPM artists music."

      E-mail me direct, we can set up a trade.

      Henry
    • MICHAEL DOROSH
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
        I'd be very interested in obtaining copies of the season 1 music also.

        Michael Dorosh
        Calgary, AB

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
          The Ray Ellis music from season 1, taken from decent-sounding source tapes, is considered a "Holy Grail" by anyone who is a member of this group. The likelihood of anyone ever finding that material and getting it released commercially is very small. I think the best we could hope for would be for someone to finance new recordings of the Ellis tracks that would faithfully duplicate his arrangements. One of my problems with the re-performances I've heard thus far is that they've all simplified the arrangements, leaving out some elements. I would prefer to have this music played just the way Mr. Ellis wrote it, and with the same instruments we heard on the show.

          --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, MICHAEL DOROSH <madorosh@...> wrote:

          > I'd be very interested in obtaining copies of the season 1 music also.
          >
          > Michael Dorosh
          > Calgary, AB

        • B Hank Jackson
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
            Good Day Henry:
            OK, what's the details of a trade?

            Sincerely
            Hank

            > "Hi everyone. Hey Im sure this question has been asked but
            > are there any ways of obtaining the Season 1 music as well?
            > I've been reading bout it and Im assuming it never made it
            > out of the studio or the like. Also, I would like to trade
            > for Season 2 and 3 music, namely the KPM artists music."
            >

            > E-mail me direct, we can set up a trade.
            >

            > Henry

            >     spidey-jazz-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • Jesse Pepin
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
              I guess you would have to email him to find out.

              To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com
              From: hank_das_tank88@...
              Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:53:48 -0700
              Subject: Re: [spidey-jazz] Re: KPM music CDs