KPM LP 21

  • Bill Rodebaugh
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hi fellow Spidey Jazz group fans,

      I actually found a KPM LP with at least one Spiderman "missing" music from season #2 and that LP probably had more. It was primarily composed by Kenny Graham and we've already found his composition Panic Patrol.

      KPM LP 21 is the specific LP I lost out on bidding for it which was featured on ebay. Does anyone have or know someone who has that LP? It came out as an LP in 1970 but it is a compilation of early 78 RPM's: at least two. Again, most of the tracks are composed by Kenny Graham. It bothers me that I found this LP but failed to obtain it.

      I hope someone has some information for us on the group site here.

      Thanks,

      Bill
    • Jesse Pepin
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2011
        I hope you messaged the seller and pleaded to pass along your email to the winner.

        To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
          Link thanks to Jim Feken...

          https://www.sendspace.com/file/50yhtm

          All KENNY GRAHAM tracks, several of them most definitely SPIDEY tracks!  This is the first big cache of "newZ" SPIDEY tracks found & IDENTIFIED in several years now.

          The Square Squad   (intro to "TRIP TO TOMORROW" ?)

          Prowl Car   (opening theme from "VINE" ?)

          Street Beat   ("More Spider-Men" from "HOME")

          Rat Race   ("Hang Onto Your Hats" from "MENACE FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD" !!!)

          Highway Hullabaloo   (fight scene from "VINE"  ?)

          Shopping Jaunt   (previous found on the KPM website)

          Panic Patrol  (previously found on the KPM website)

          Big Deal!   (the distant past from "VINE")

          Bill Rodebaugh had been trying to track this down several years ago. The LP apparently came up for sale on eBay but he missed getting it.  Well, I've got it now!  I just need to find out what the track listing is, as all the files came up alphabetically.

          Henry

        • litlgrey
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
            The awesomely tense "Panic Patrol" and the downright peculiar "Highway Hullabaloo" are the ones I remember best.  I can't honestly say I remember hearing all of these cues in Spidey episodes.

[...]

            Posted by: hkujawa@...
          • triplej_isheretostay
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
              AAAAHHHHHH! This is great! Thank you guys so much!
            • ty18uk
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
                I'm having trouble getting the file to work do I need something to change the rar file to an MP3 ?
              • STERLING CLARK
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
                  Henry,

                  I've been on the site, but where's "Rescue Squad"?

                  SC

                  To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com
                  CC: hkujawa@...

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
                    I don't know what Rescue Squad is, but those other tracks, particularly Rat Race (which always seemed to accompany Spidey when he was falling from great height), and Street Beat are awesome! Thanks for sharing these, Henry.

                    I had to use WinZip to open the RAR file.

                    To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com
                    CC: hkujawa@...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
                      What an amazing find! Great work!! and thanks for the link.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 25, 2015
                        Both "Shopping Jaunt" and "Panic Patrol" had turned up several years ago-- two of us found it the SAME day, on the KPM 670 compilation at the KPM website..  But that's one of those where all the songs originally came from somewhere else.  The Kenny Graham material clearly pre-dates the "1000" series, and the "KPM LP" series is simply NOT on the KPM website.

                        I don't know where "Rescue Squad" came from (YET!).  No, it's not on KPM LP 21.

                        "RAR" files are like "ZIP" files, you need a program like "7-ZIP-7" to open it, then all the individual files will come up and can be "extracted".  I don't know if it works with "Win-Zip".

                        Here's the track info from Jim Feken... it looks like KPM LP 21 itself was already a "comp" album, or else, the songs may have been available in 2 different format, and I'm guessing these were "EP"s !

                        "I was able to find it by searching online for lists of KPM music which does seem to indicate the track order and should help you put them all in sequence. FYI - the 15 short cues under 20 seconds are part of the “Uppers and Downers” collection. So follow this list below. . . Hope this helps!

                        KPM 114 - The Square Squad/Prowl Car/Street Beat/Rat Race - Kenny Graham
                        KPM 115 - Highway Hullabaloo/Shopping Jaunt/Panic Patrol/Big Deal! - Kenny Graham
                        KPM 116 Dicey & Uppers AND Downers:

                        A1 Dicey
                        Uppers And Downers:
                        A2 The Round-Up
                        A3 The Catch-Up
                        A4 The Carve-Up
                        B1 Up To The Clouds
                        B2 Down To The Depths
                        B3 Back To Earth
                        B4 Drum Up
                        B5 Back Down
                        B6 Up And Away
                        B7 Up And Over
                        B8 Over The Downs
                        B9 Scurry Up
                        B10 Totter Down
                        B11 Stalagmite
                        B12 Stalactite"

                        This is gonna give me SO much work to do...!!

                        Bill Rodebaugh, meanwhile has actually gotten ahold of 2 OTHER KPM LPs, both definitely with Spidey tracks on them, and we're working out a trade so I can get copies to also do my usual excessive research on...

                        "KPM 37 and 41

                        41 has some nice jazz Christmas stuff on there plus all the versions of Johnny Pearson's Power Drive plus one Syd Dale used in Spiderman."

                        So THAT's where "Power Drive" came from!!!!!  Been wondering that for 4-1/2 years.

                        Henry

                      • khonshu01
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 26, 2015

                          So glad to hear that you guys are enjoying this new KPM LP!

                          When I found it, I had to share with Henry and am glad he posted it here so everyone else could listen too. I'll see if I can hunt down more for us. . .

                          - Jim