Re: Episode Update

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
      "billrodebaugh" wrote:
      "Hello, Henry,
      I also wanted to know the library location of the music used at the beginning of the VINE episode that takes us to the old house and attic. Also, the cool "time machine" eerie and dreamy music seems not yet found.

      From HOME and also COLD STORAGE, I would love if anyone has knowledge as to the title or author of the pulsating music with brass, drums and either organ or strings in HOME where Spiderman chases the alien sphere ship back to the cave. The same music is used in COLD STORAGE in the futuristic city where the caveman in the top hat ropes Spiderman on the wall. Does anyone remember that background music used?

      Does anyone know the whereabouts or title or composer of the beginning music of season #3 KINGPIN episode called THE BIG BRAINWASHER?

      The same pulsating guitar music was used in HOME when Spiderman is seeking for Carol in the city.

      The opening orchestra music of TROUBLE WITH SNOW is unique too and I dont' think it was heard in any other episode.

      Calling for help to locate these musical tracks or LP's or titles or composers?"

      I got your e-mail, and sent a reply... but strangely, it came back, saying the account was shut down! What the...?

      Anyway, just in case you didn't get it, here's the gist of it...

      I should tell you there is so much that has not yet been identified, and I'm sure it's driving some of us crazy. Most of the activity in the group was in late 2004, when over a 2-month period a whole pile of tracks were identified, then "remastered" (by me and Kyle Taylor down in Georgia), then assembled (by me). After that, at least 4 years went by before any additional tracks turned up!

      Without even looking it up, I do know certain tracks were used in PARDO PRESENTS, HOME and COLD STORAGE, several of them back-to-back, which does suggest they all may have had the same source album. But we still don't know what that is! The really loud track I've taken to calling "Hypnotic Eye" because that's when it's furst heardon the show (as gas pours thru the slid where the giant cat's eye appears on the movie screen).

      There's another loud, dynamic track in NEPTUNE'S NOSE CONE as Spidey swings thru the cave of the idols, and of course, that one hasn't turned upn yet either.

      Henry
    • Bill Rodebaugh
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
        Hi Henry,

        Thanks for writing back. I got your message and yes, that is the song I'm thinking of: the HYPNOTIC EYE song from PARDO PRESENTS and as I wrote also used in HOME. The "NEPTUNE NOSECONE" song is the pulsating brass accent song used in the cave. I hope those songs can turn up.

        Do you have an MP3 of the POWER DRIVE song from Johnny Pearson? The Swining to the Zoo song and also used in THUNDER RUMBLE when Spiderman is trapped on a lightning bolt? I would absolutely LOVE to have it in the full version or hear it in the various versions.

        Another song that I've heard several times: It is used at the beginning of THE SCARLET SOURCERER when the narrator talks: it is teh background music. It is the beginning music of CONNER'S REPTLES from season #3. Also, I like the guitar driven song at the beginning of THE BIG BRAINWASHER. Do you know which songs I'm referring to with those songs?
        Thanks for finding and working on the other discovered songs you found in 2004 from your work with the oterr guy Kyle in Georgia.

        Sincerely,

        Bill