Re: [spidey-jazz] Re: "POWER DRIVE" -- Johnny Pearson

  • James Fielding
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 27, 2010
      We know already, thats the same link which I posted yesterday about Division 4.

      J.

      From: profh0011 <profh@...>
      Subject: [spidey-jazz] Re: "POWER DRIVE" -- Johnny Pearson
      To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2010, 9:18 PM

      litlgrey wrote:
      "The internet(s), as well as KPM PLAY, have proven useless in tracking down the LP on which this first appeared.
      Do you have any information about that?"

      Not yet. I mean, look how long it's taken for this to turn up at all!

      I've downloaded a TON of KPM albums, and have a TON of just Johnny Pearson tracks, and this song never turned up. I also have a list of KPM 1000-series tracks, including quite a large number of albums that have NOT yet been posted online at the KPM site, and this song title is NOT among the "missing" albums! Unless the name of the song was changed, which has happened a number of times. (Example: "Meet The Family" is also known as "Mr. Chesterton's Dog"-- who knows why?)

      The track Tim Honeycutt sent is VERY CLEAR, much more than the version taken from the cartoon. It's MISSING the intro, but, that noticeable EDIT in the middle of the cartoon version is not there, the middle is FULL and smooth. At the end, it cuts abruptly to a man's voice... and DEFINITELY not from any of the cartoons. I'm still waiting for Tim to tell me where he found this thing! (Movie? Documentary?)

      Anybody who'd like a copy of the MP3, e-mail me and I'll send it out. (I love having hi-speed since February! Before that, I downloaded ALL that music using dial-up!!)

      Henry

    • eightman
      Message 36 of 36 , Sep 1 8:37 AM
        Good idea.  I just threw mine up there.  The zip is name powerdrive_ring.

        From: Jerry <jerryscullion@...>
        Subject: [spidey-jazz] Spiderman 60's Music Ringtone
        To: spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, 1 September, 2010, 15:22

        Hey -

        Speaking of Ringtones, I "make" my own on my iPhone, with a great little app called iToner.

        So, I always loved this one particular, super jazzy musical piece, in the ORIGIN OF SPIDERMAN episode, when Peter first discovers the wall crawling ability, and says ".....am i going mad?...I'm like a wall crawling human spider!" - -he then proceeds to jump around, etc.

        Well,during this sequence, they played a really quick, brassy version of the theme, that they don't really ever use again. I loved that quick piece of music, but alas, could never find it.

        So, I "sanpped" that music off the DVD, edited it, and made a 30second mp3 out of it, and I use it as a ringtone.

        So, I could probably send it to whoever wants it, if you shoot me an email - it's a great piece , and a great ringtone!!

        Let me know if you want it -

        Jerry