amazing spider-band

  • dres_sage2003
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 14, 2010
      For those who haven't heard this rare, out of print c-d, the tracks are splendid cover versions of the 1st season 1967 Spiderman score, and you can hear the tracks here:

      http://apps.bebo.com/my-band/artist/theamazingspiderband
    • Magnus Munn
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2010
        Wow, thanks for the link. This band is blowing me away.. I love their interpretation of the tunes.

        ~M

      • Cristopher González Baca
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2010
          Great link, thanks!

          I´ve tried to get this CD with no success.

          Do any of you know where can I download the complete album?

          Thanks!

          --
          Cristopher Gonzalez Baca

        • dres_sage2003
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2010
            I gave up trying to buy the c-d, it's so scarce. Instead, I recorded it 'live' off that site I linked. Since it's out of circulation, I think that's fair game.

            The way to record it off the computer is via a package like Creative Media Source (which came with an external sound card I have) - I'm guessing there are several sofyware packages that can record, internally, whatever you play on the computer.

            Alternatively, I could upload all the tracks to this site - but I'd need the moderator's go-ahead before I did that.

            Meantime, check out those two walking bass/foggy horn scores I uploaded the other day -not spiderman yet very spidey.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2010
              Cristopher González Baca wrote:
              "I´ve tried to get this CD with no success.
              Do any of you know where can I download the complete album?"

              I've been TRADING copies of it with members here for some time now. The SPIDEY COVERS disc contains the full album, PLUS a lot more stuff by other bands, all in the same vein.

              Anybody who's done trades with me in the last 2 years has been getting 2 CDs in the deal, both SPIDER-MAN 1968 and SPIDEY COVERS. They make a great combination.

              Special thanks to Kevin Artinian who put the thing together-- before I had a chance to do it myself!

              : )

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2010
                By the way, I thought I might as well mention this... fan Dan O'Shannon apparently put together a CD-comp of tracks taken directly off the DVDs. And most of it is RAY ELLIS's stuff. You know... the tracks a LOT of the people here joined this group to find in the first place.

                Paul Ettinger sent me a copy in a trade we did back in February.

                I liked it... but I'm not completely satisfied with it. This is mainly because there's no track listing, the tracks aren't in any order I would be happy with, and, if I was gonna do a "Vol.2" to go with the existing SPIDER-MAN 1968, I'd like to include a LOT more tracks that have not turned up yet.

                One of these days I hope to get back into this seriously, as I know it's gonna be a very time-intensive thing (just as the first one was). I recently watched all 52 episodes of the show again, as part of a huge marathon viewing I'm attempting of every single cartoon in my entire video collection-- which I'm doing with breakfast in the mornings before work. Unfortunately, once again I didn't take any notes while I was listening-- er, watching.

                I would really love to do a Ray Ellis comp in the style of SPIDER-MAN 1968. That is, each track in the sequence it first appeared on the show, with a title relating it to that sequence. Most or all of the Ellis stuff was reused in the 2nd & 3rd seasons, and a lot of it can be heard almost uninterrupted in the later episodes, so the trick is finding out where each track was used later. Dan O'Shannon seems to have done MOST of that work FOR me (and everyone else here) already... but I'd still like to put together a more "organized" comp before I'd feel comfortable sending out copies of it to everyone interested.

                So much to do, so little time...

                Right now I'm putting together a "shrine" for the 1950's western GHOST RIDER character. Most of the art is by DICK AYERS, though several of the covers were done by FRANK FRAZETTA. Frank passed away recently, in fact, right in the middle of a "restoration" of one of his covers I was doing. Spooky!

                If anyone wants to see any of that, go to...

                http://www.samcci.nostromo.no/

                Click on TITLES, then GHOST RIDER, then "1949", and then the "chronological" link at the bottom of that page. If you're into western comics, it's worth it! Right now, it may be the ONLY section on the entire website where EVERY cover is one of my own personal "clean-ups"-- so EACH one is the BEST scan you'll see anywhere on the entire internet!!!