Anyone think this sounds familiar?

  • Fuad_Ramses
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2010
      I stumbled upon this track, Catnap, on the KPM website. Does this sound familiar to anyone as a Spider-Man track?

      http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/category_search/database_search.cfm

      As much as I love this music, I admit that it starts to run together after awhile...

      Christian
    • Fuad_Ramses
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2010
        Me again...sorry, but this link doesn't take you directly to the song. Just look up "Catnap" - I'm just curious if this sounds familiar to anyone, and if so, what episode. Thanks!

        --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Fuad_Ramses" <fuad_ramses@...> wrote:

        > I stumbled upon this track, Catnap, on the KPM website. Does this sound familiar to anyone as a Spider-Man track?
        >
        > http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/category_search/database_search.cfm
        >
        > As much as I love this music, I admit that it starts to run together after awhile...
        >
        > Christian

      • anil_tiwari_01
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2010
          hmmmm....maybe......sounds sort of familiar, but maybe not......

          Anil

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2010
            "Fuad_Ramses" wrote:
            "I stumbled upon this track, Catnap, on the KPM website. Does this sound familiar to anyone as a Spider-Man track?
            http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/category_search/database_search.cfm
            As much as I love this music, I admit that it starts to run together after awhile..."
            Christian

            I know what you mean. I've had the album KPM 1009: ACCENT ON PERCUSSION, since 2004. Lots of it sounds like "almost" Spidey, but I don't think there's a single track there that was actually used. Side 1 is all Syd Dale, Side 2 is all Johnny Hawksworth.

            I'll say it again... TONS of terrific stuff at the KPM site. Don't let whether it's "Spidey" or not stop you from enjoying whatever you can. Awhile back I put togethe rmy own custom "KPM" comp, which were all my favorite tracks that WEREN'T "Spidey"-related... although a few of them, I'D have sworn had been used (but as far as I can tell, weren't).

            I have been SO busy between my day job and updating the SILVER AGE MARVEL website at night (yes, yes, yes, some people have really strange ideas about "fun"), this is the first time in a few MONTHS I've peeked back in here at Spidey-Jazz.

            Let me once again welcome ALLLLLLL the new members, and say again, in case anyone's interested, but confused... E-MAIL ME direct if you want copies of the Spidey stuff, and we'll set up trade.

            p r o f h @ e a r t h l i n k . n e t

            (I gotta type it that way because it won't show up in the messages otherwise. I know there's a link to e-mail me somewhere... but ayoner who's new to Yahoo may have trouble finding it or figuring it out. Maybe this'll help.)

            PS: For any of you Bill Martin-Phil Coulter fans (Martin was the guy who put ME in contact with APM in California, he works for them in the UK), I just heard a new cover of one of his most famous songs. Detroit's girl band THE SIRENS did a cover of "SATURDAY NIGHT", which is on their 2nd CD, "MORE IS MORE". These girls have fantastic singing voices, coupled with some of the LOUDEST playing I've ever heard, and most of the covers they do are of songs from the 70's. Crazy, eh?

            Typical, I'm trying to save money, and AFTER I ordered both CDs by the band from a Detroit store, only then did I find both can be found at Amazon.com's "Marketplace" stores for $1.99 APIECE!!! YOW. Highly reccomended to anyone who likes loud rock & roll...

            Henry
          • Anil
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 11, 2010
              ok. you know what. i ahve listened to this track "catnap" several times today while browsing the kpm website.....Maybe i'm crazy but i am now convinced that this is a spidey track. it really does sound familiar. anybody else give a another listesn and think so too?
              I think it is only used very briefly as a scene setup and only the first part played?

              Anil

              --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Fuad_Ramses" <fuad_ramses@...> wrote:

              > Me again...sorry, but this link doesn't take you directly to the song. Just look up "Catnap" - I'm just curious if this sounds familiar to anyone, and if so, what episode. Thanks!
              >
              > --- In spidey-jazz@yahoogroups.com, "Fuad_Ramses" <fuad_ramses@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I stumbled upon this track, Catnap, on the KPM website. Does this sound familiar to anyone as a Spider-Man track?
              > >
              > > http://www2.playkpmmusic.com/pages/category_search/database_search.cfm
              > >
              > > As much as I love this music, I admit that it starts to run together after awhile...
              > >
              > > Christian

            • kyspentay1
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 12, 2010
                I don't think "Catnap" was used on the show.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 12, 2010
                  "As much as I love this music, I admit that it starts to run together after awhile..."

                  Strangest thing... clicking on this post at the Spidey site, all of a sudden some ACROBAT document tried to open up, I had to shut it down, and next thing, I got a "runtime error" message and my browser crashed. But I got it back up again...

                  I went to the KPM site and used the "Database Search". Yeah, I've heard that before. I got the entire KPM 1009 album about 6 years ago. One of those "familiar but not quite things"? For awhile, I thought "Cuban Shadows" (SAME album) might have been the intro music to the "City of Gold" (when the guys on the raft finally arrive at their destination). But no, that hasn't turned up either. (In fact, NONE of that episode's entire score has turned up yet. Which makes me suspect the whole thing is all on one album somewhere that just hasn't been found yet. That entire "score" was recycled over and over and over in later episodes, too!)

                  Meanwhile, the stuff Chad found I've always thought of as "Peter Parker" music. A lot of THAT tends to run together. As I have all of those now, it's easy to listen to the whole batch of tracks and see where this one was used, but this one wasn't, yet they all sound a lot alike. (More comments to follow when I've listened more and updated my index.)