Re: [spidey-jazz] Hawkshaw albums

  • litlgrey
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
      Not the only commercial album Hawkshaw ever produced, although perhaps the only one even remotely in circulation at this time.

      In 1970, he did the soundtrack for a British film called "Groupie Girl." Much later, he released an LP called "Impressions," but I don't really care for it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2010
        litlgrey wrote:
        "Not the only commercial album Hawkshaw ever produced, although perhaps the only one even remotely in circulation at this time.
        In 1970, he did the soundtrack for a British film called "Groupie Girl." Much later, he released an LP called "Impressions," but I don't really care for it."

        I got IMPRESSIONS (1994), also ELEMENTS (1292), both nice "new age" music. Also THE VENUS LEGACY (1998), a sort-of soundtrack to a sci-fi novel. Not quite as good.

        In addition, someone here sent me THE CHAMP by The Mohawks (1968), which is more the kind of thing we go for here. It appears most or all of that is on MO'HAWK, which also contains some tracks from KPM 1027: SOUL ORGAN SHOWCASE (1968), available at the KPM site. I imagine the commercial CD probably has somewhat better sound quality (you know how it is with low-res online versions).

        Of course, I'm sure for most of us here, nothing beats the 2 tracks he did which appeared on KPM 1015: THE SOUND OF "POP" (1967). You know the ones!

        : )