KPM's Funky Flight in Spider-man??

  • butchcat.geo
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2010
      Hi All,

      Just wondering what episode of Spider-man has the background music "Funky Flight" from the KPM library by Keith Mansfield. It's a mystery to me and if someone could solve it I'd be one happy Spidey fan.

      Please except my thanks,

      Terry Angus
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
        "butchcat.geo" wrote:
        "Just wondering what episode of Spider-man has the background music "Funky Flight" from the KPM library by Keith Mansfield. It's a mystery to me and if someone could solve it I'd be one happy Spidey fan."

        Well, unless I'm mistaken... it ISN'T.

        Back in 2002, when I put together my 1st version of SPIDER-MAN 1968 (with the help of California production music fan Dan Matheson, who first clued me in about the KPM Library), I thought "Funky Flight" might have been used in THE EVIL SORCERER. It wasn't. 2 years and a lot more investigation later, I found the track I was thinking of was actually "SLIPSTREAM B" by Syd Dale, which first turned up in SWING CITY. (I named it "THE MASTER TECHNICIAN" on the revised 2004 disc.) They both had bongos...

        Mind you, not every track has been identified-- or found-- yet. But right now it's loking more and more like any "missing" KPM tracks may well be on LPs that are not yet posted online at the KPM website. And those LPs are really pricey!!!

        Henry
      • General Veers
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
          I don't think you are mistaken.  I have never heard that before.

          Greg

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
            General Veers wrote:
            "I don't think you are mistaken. I have never heard that before."

            A really cool track, though, eh?

            One thing I've really enjoyed about the search for Spidey music is how much "other" cool stuff I've found, whether KPM or other libraries...

            : )

            Henry
          • General Veers
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2010
              yup, I wish I had more time just to sit there and look through stuff.  I have run across some cool stuff.

              Greg

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
                Wow! Thanks guys the answers have helped me in my serch for this stuff and your right there is indeed other peaces of music that is pretty good too. Again a big thanks.

                Terry Angus

                www.anguspuppets.com