TRADING music

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2009
      I just wrote an e-mail that I thought would be good to share with the entire group here (especially any new members-- WELCOME to the group, guys!).

      I've put together a mountain of custom comps over the years, I've just gotten much better at it since I'm now able to do CDs and use a sound editing program on my computer.

      Among the "recent" comps...

      MONSTER RALLY (giant monster songs, real fun stuff)

      BATMAN A-GO GO (Nelson Riddle's 1966 soundtrack plus multiple bonus tracks)

      LOST IN SPACE (John Williams' score plus multiple bonus tracks)

      THE BEST OF GERRY ANDERSON (just what it sounds like, from SUPERCAR to SPACE PRECINCT)

      And these are only the "soundtrack" comps.

      Usually I see what people have to offer, I've been able to get a lot of terrific stuff in trade, but sometimes I think I oughta think about it and put together a "wanted" list.

      I do know there's a number of artists out there where I'd love to get ONE REALLY GOOD "best of" comp, and still haven't. Among them...

      Larry Williams
      The Mamas and the Papas
      The Kingtson Trio
      Roy Orbison
      The Platters
      The Bee Gees
      The Four Tops
      The Jackson Five
      Smokey Robinson
      The Supremes
      Stevie Wonder
      The Association
      The Four Seasons
      The Guess Who
      The Raiders
      Aerosmith
      The Doobie Brothers
      Dr. John
      Gordon Lightfoot
      The Spinners

      Amazing that after 20 years of buying CDs I still don't have any of these.

      Then there's some of my top fave albums which I only have on LP. I'm fully capable of transferring most of these to CD myself, but the time involved gets to be a problem after awhile. (Especially now that I'm working again.) I prefer to limit that to only stuff that is NOT already available on CD.

      Regarding an "official" SPIDER-MAN soundtrack release... This is the first I've heard of Kliff Nesteroff. It would be just so typical for me to spend a sizeable bulk of my life looking into something and then have someone else come in and act like they know more. (heh) The guys at APM have my address, phone number & e-mail, I haven't heard from them lately!

      No interest in any late-model JQ, I'm afraid. For me, it's the 1964 version or nothing. (In fact, I'm, watching the episodes again right now!!)

      As far as trading goes... I prefer people send me CDs, and I send them CDs. (As a matter of fact, it began to get a bit frustrating when I was browsing my collection index to put together the list above, and saw how many cassette tapes people have sent me over the years. That just won't do anymore!)

      I can't afford to print out art anymore, so I E-MAIL hi-res files of the art to go with the CDs I send. I've figured out the exact size it needs to be so when someone prints it at at their end, it should fit perfect in the standard jewel cases (NO "slimline" crap!). Right now, someone sending me art is nice, but optional. Several people have sent me image files as well, but I can't afford to print them out, either.

      Hope this helps. Once again, there's still a TON of soundtracks I don't have, so feel free to give me a list of what you have available. Ditto for surf music. One can never have too much surf (heh).

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2009
        To the person who just e-mailed me today... I seem to have accidentally deleted your e-mail before it got thru to my Outlook Express program. Could you please re-send it? I'm highly excited at the thought of getting some "best of" comps...

        : )