Re: WARC (30-17-12)

  • t96c_zoran
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      Anyone test or try adding 20m elements into WARC Spiderbeam?

      I gonna try this, received yesterday new HD WARC Spiderbeam.

      Thanks Con!

      73 & GL
      Zoran E75DX (ex T96C)

      --- In spiderbeam@yahoogroups.com, DF4SA <df4sa@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tomas,
      >

      > 1.) adding 20m elements to the 30-17-12m Version should be
      possible.
      > However I have not tried it in simulation yet.
      >
      > 2.) I think adding 10m elements would be a lot more difficult. I
      think
      > there will be strong interaction and the 10 radiation pattern might
      > become quite distorted.
      >
      > 73 & good luck
      > Con DF4SA
      >

      > ok1dxd@... schrieb:
      > > Hi All spiderbeam users and afficionados,
      > > just thinkig about purchase of WARC (30-17-12) heavy duty
      version. Because it will be only one beam that can my slim tower
      supports, Im about to enlarge it with 20m and, or 10m elements...

      > > If anyone do it that way or have some computer modelling tests
      before, I will be grateful for any glue...

      > > 73 de Tomas, OK1DXD
      > > When you stop banging your head
      > > against the wall, it starts to feel better
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • DF4SA
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2008
        Hi Zoran,

        yes I am pretty sure I have computer modeled such a 30-20-17-12 antenna
        before and it looked pretty good.
        Unfortunately the model is on my old computer and I first need to get it
        off the broken hard drive .. But I can tell you that it works, so good
        luck with your experiments :)

        73 Con DF4SA