Re: Need some ship info

  • Vanzirra Dreelantar
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23 1:42 AM
      I see you have answers to your questions about the other ships, but
      not about the Crown of Corellon. The Crown of Corellon is not a ship
      per se. It is a base, composed of 7 elven armada ships that have been
      bound together and the wings grew together. So, it is 700 tons for
      that alone, and as such, could not be moved by any standard
      spelljamming helm (except for an Ultimate Helm, but those are not
      exactly standard). Then, there is the tower built in the middle of
      the whole thing, which leads me to believe the Crown of Corellon is
      actually larger than 700 tons. In my old spelljammer campaign, I
      thought 1000 tons was a nice round figure to use.

      Because of the way the ships are laid out, the Crown does not really
      have a keel or beam, in my opinion. But if you must have those
      measurements, just look at the map of it in Space Lairs and use the
      diameter for both. For the 'Save As', I'd go with whatever the Armada
      ships use. (Sorry but I don't have ready access to my books just now.)

      I hope I was of some help at least.

      Zirra

      --- In spelljammer@yahoogroups.com, "Frederick K. Haskell"
      <haskell@m...> wrote:

      > Robert Blezard wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > Can someone with access to the following products look up the
      Keel, Beam, and "Save As" statistics for these hulls, please and
      thank you.

      > > [SJR8 Space Lairs]
      > > Crown of Corellon
      > can't find this in my boxes, have it but just can't find it
      >

      > > I know it's a stange request but I'm working on converting these
      ships to the Dragonstar d20 RPG. In truth, having access to all the
      info would be "best" but I didn't think it would be right to
      duplicate that online.