Re: [speedwaybikes] Action Park/Champion Speedway

  • edd lover
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 1, 2002

      >From: "Kim Smith"
      >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [speedwaybikes] Action Park/Champion Speedway
      >Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:48:20 -0400

      Damon,

      Thanks for your continuing support and nice comments. Chip is riding great! As for the comment that Warren would have smoked Josh...I am a huge fan of our East Coast riders however Josh Larsen is one of the best riders in the world and Warren is one of the best in NY State, It would have been a valuable experience for him because there is a lot he could learn from Josh. I just hope Chip looks to guys like Josh, George Lazor, Tom Sephton, Len McBride, Bruce Nelson etc. as role models and not Warren.

       Hope to see you tommorrow.

      Jason

      Sounds like you two should get married . I don't know Warren personaly but I love to watch him race . What you have said about him in my opinion is slander and If I was him I would get a good lawyer and sue for defamation of charector . But at least I know I won't be able to see him ride at Champion . Well you made my decision easy I think I would rather stay home and watch paint dry than pay money to come to your show again .

      Edd Lover the paint watcher

    • Timothy Mathewson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 3, 2002

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 4, 2002

          Hi all,

          I read with interest the differences between both hubs of speedway within the US – however here is something to remember as you jockey for perceived supremacy. When I rode conference league on the Isle of Wight we had thousands of fans turn up week in week out. The speed of the racing was far less than that of our premier and elite league colleagues. However, it was close and exciting and it was still as important when a conference league rider broke that track record as when Tony Rickardsson did at Poole the other night. Each of the riders also took the same risks riding each time.

          With all speedway ventures in the UK, the rush to get to premier status or elite took over and the Isle of Wight is now in the premier league – its interesting to note that the crowd levels dropped significantly, prices went up BUT the racing was quicker!! Who is the winner?

          I have enjoyed speedway all over the world and happen to think that the US has a particularly inventive way or racing with the handicapped setup. I was fortunate enough to attend Champion when Gregg was there last year – and to see him beaten by supposed lesser riders on a handicap race. Europe has a lot it can learn from you and you have a lot to learn from Europe in speedway presentation and running. I believe a league is a must for you here – be that in separate regions with a play off at the end of the season between regions.

          I’m off to Paris this weekend and then down to champion so I’m looking forward to seeing some great action. I have a spare program from the Bydgoszczc grand prix and will be attending Slovenia in three weeks and I can get a few spare in anyone would want one. I will probably get to a few of the other Czech and Sweden for sure.

          Best regards

          Barry

          Barry Bishop

          Purple Voice Inc.

          T: +1 (212) 808 6523

          C: +1 (914) 316 4589

          F: +1 (212) 808 3020

          W: www.purplevoice.com

          For technical support contact:

          T: +1 (212) 808 6525

          E: pvisupport@...

[...]

          This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
          http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/

          This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
          http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/
        • KELVIN HERRALA

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 4, 2002

              I would like to furthe the point Barry makes about speedway league in Noth America. It surprises me that it isn't here but being a new fan I certainly not up on the history. I enjoy reading the posts.

              Bruce

> [...]
              >One last thing..... Didn't I hear something about someone else dropping their bike on the track and storming away last season? Who was that again?
              >You want everyone to believe that things have changed and are different now yet you keep dredging up the same ancient BS that everyone else it told to drop.
              >You know what they say about resentments? They're like pissing down your own leg, you are the only one that feels them. Get over it and get on with it. Don't tolerate "Juvenile Bullshit Racing "
              >
              >Tim Mathewson

              >This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
              >through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit

            • Kim Smith
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 17, 2002
                Action Park and Champion Speedway were both rained off this weekend due to weather which resulted in heavily waterlogged tracks. Next weekend is Harley night at Action Park and John Cook will still be with us for both nights of racing. See you all then.

                Jason

                Jason

              • Kim Smith
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 6, 2003
                  Hope to see everyone at Action Park tommorrow night, gates open at 5 and racing kicks off at 7. Don't miss the methanol mayhem at Champion Speedway Sunday night also, gates open at 4 and races come your way at 6. See you there!

                  Jason Bonsignore