King of the Concrete

  • Timothy Crump
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2002
      OK, how about somebody spilling the beans on this Saturday's races at Orange
      Show.....what time are the races set to start....let's not keep it a
      secret!!!!!

      Some of us have to plan our trip carefully.....after all, it is almost 300
      miles!!!!

      TimC

    • Cassey Lewis
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
        Yeah, I agree, there is a lot of information that is being left out....
        TimC, I heard the races start at 8:00PM, which makes sense, they usually do at San Bernardino. Yeah, on Speedwaybikes.com it states the races start at 8, but it just says "one of the buildings at the Orange Show Fairgrounds", but doesn't say exactly which one. Also, how much it is going to cost to get in. Or which riders have signed up to be there.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
            Hey Cassey,

            Well, thanks.....that is more info than I had yesterday!!!
            I like to let folks know about such events, especially folks who are new to
            the sport. But if I can't tell them where and when, it is difficult to get
            them to show up.

            Tim

          • Sideways31@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
              The King of Concrete will start at 8:00 pm. It is in the Orange
              Pavilion at the Orange Show Fairgrounds. You enter the fairgrounds through
              gate 8. The admission is the same as the regular races: $10 for adults and
              $4 for children 6-12. I believe that there is also a senior discount price.
              It will be championship format for 1st Division and the heat, semi, main
              format for 2nd Division. All 2nd Division riders will get at least two
              rides. I will have the confirmed rider lineup tomorrow night, but as of
              right now there are several of the top Southern California stars, as well as
              D-1 riders from Northern California who will be there.

              Ryan Evans
            • Malcolm Roe
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
                I know this much and I believe tomorrow everything will be firmed up on the line up.
                 Some of the riders that I know will be there are: Bobby Schwartz,
                Shawn McConnell, Bart Bast, Bobby Hedden, Eddie Castro, Randy DiFrancesco,
                Bryan Yarrow, and the Sauer Brothers.  First Division will be championship
                format and Second Division will be the typical heats, semis, main format.
                Each D-2 rider will be guaranteed two rides.

                Malcolm
                http://www.xtremesport.org