Re: [speedwaybikes] Winter and Daytona races

  • Connie Strong
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002

       Sorry to here that. you had 6 D1 riders for MD that was not enough or were you going to have a whole speedway program. Florida you said you needed 10 or more riders you were almost there! you had E-mail from others that were intrested if you did it early in the week they would go they said they could not take the whole week off.congratulations on the jr ambasador thing.I did not know you had a penguin too lol

        DC Lengle <rutledgespeedway@...> wrote:

      I am sorry to say I am telling Mr. Beckley that I can
      not guarantee him enough riders to make a decent show
      so if he wants to run more Flattrack classes to do it.
      He was gonna keep the FTers to a minimum so the
      Speedway bikes would be included in the show. This guy
      dont F around, he runs his show on time everytime and
      only has so much time to run bikes at these Monster
      Truck events. I may take Chip to the Mississippi event to run the FT
      classes and take his Speedway bike along and do some
      exhibition laps. He has become the ambasador for Jr.
      Speedway as he just rode at a ICE event in Augusta,
      GA. He took to the ice like a penguin. If any other
      Jrs. want to ride with him they are welcome. We will
      be at all the events in the Southeast.

      As for Daytona I think that is not gonna happen either
      as I cant get a confirmed schedule for what is
      happening there as far as the dirt track stuff. Plus I
      am not getting the rider interest I need to be sure of
      a good show. Dont know about you guys but we havent
      stopped riding yet. We acually had to cut Chip off a
      couple weekends so we could catch our breath. Between
      Speedway and Flattrack it keeps us going constantly.
      We are only going to do the ICE stuff for the next
      couple months and a select few of Mr. Beckleys shows.
      And of course practice at our track and the new track
      that was built 15 minutes from ours in the fall.

      Our track is still open to anyone who wants to come
      down and practice if you are coming this way.

      Damon

      Do You Yahoo!?
      Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.

    • tom15b
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2002
        welcome back Bruce
        if only you had the fastest east coast rider coming we might of been
        able to race in Florida,well the fastest jr will be there any way!

        - In speedwaybikes@y..., Connie Strong <poormanstrucking@y...> wrote:

        > Sorry to here that. you had 6 D1 riders for MD that was not enough
        or were you going to have a whole speedway program. Florida you said
        you needed 10 or more riders you were almost there! you had E-mail
        from others that were intrested if you did it early in the week they
        would go they said they could not take the whole week
        off.congratulations on the jr ambasador thing.I did not know you had
        a penguin too lol
        > DC Lengle <rutledgespeedway@y...> wrote: I am sorry to say I am
        telling Mr. Beckley that I can
        > not guarantee him enough riders to make a decent show
        > so if he wants to run more Flattrack classes to do it.
        > He was gonna keep the FTers to a minimum so the
        > Speedway bikes would be included in the show. This guy
        > dont F around, he runs his show on time everytime and
        > only has so much time to run bikes at these Monster
        > Truck events. I may take Chip to the Mississippi event to run the FT
        > classes and take his Speedway bike along and do some
        > exhibition laps. He has become the ambasador for Jr.
        > Speedway as he just rode at a ICE event in Augusta,
        > GA. He took to the ice like a penguin. If any other
        > Jrs. want to ride with him they are welcome. We will
        > be at all the events in the Southeast.
        >
        > As for Daytona I think that is not gonna happen either
        > as I cant get a confirmed schedule for what is
        > happening there as far as the dirt track stuff. Plus I
        > am not getting the rider interest I need to be sure of
        > a good show. Dont know about you guys but we havent
        > stopped riding yet. We acually had to cut Chip off a
        > couple weekends so we could catch our breath. Between
        > Speedway and Flattrack it keeps us going constantly.
        > We are only going to do the ICE stuff for the next
        > couple months and a select few of Mr. Beckleys shows.
        > And of course practice at our track and the new track
        > that was built 15 minutes from ours in the fall.
        >
        > Our track is still open to anyone who wants to come
        > down and practice if you are coming this way.
        >
        > Damon

        Service.

        > Send your FREE holiday greetings online at Yahoo! Greetings.
      • DC Lengle
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          Bruce ,
          I think the track in Orlando would run Speedway bikes
          either way during bike week. They usually run a outlaw
          Dirt track mid week. Take the bikes with and see if
          they run em. I just dont want the last minute hassles
          of setting up the other tracks. A race at our track is
          not out of the question either but with our planned
          move to Penna. It will be tough. Let me think about it
          for a week and then I will decide if I want to do it.
          It is hard for me to get excited about Daytona being
          there will be no Amatuer DT racing this year. Sorry
          for getting some peoples hopes up.

          Damon

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
        • Connie Strong
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2002

             Damon,
                I think you should show Georgia speedway racing one more time, lets do it on a thursday so I can be there. Did you talk to anyone in flordia about any speedway racing, Do u know who to talk to? There are racers that are willing to race down there. If there is anything for me to do to help ya let me know.
            Thanks Bruce

              DC Lengle <rutledgespeedway@...> wrote:

            Bruce ,
            I think the track in Orlando would run Speedway bikes
            either way during bike week. They usually run a outlaw
            Dirt track mid week. Take the bikes with and see if
            they run em. I just dont want the last minute hassles
            of setting up the other tracks. A race at our track is
            not out of the question either but with our planned
            move to Penna. It will be tough. Let me think about it
            for a week and then I will decide if I want to do it.
            It is hard for me to get excited about Daytona being
            there will be no Amatuer DT racing this year. Sorry
            for getting some peoples hopes up.

            Damon

            Do You Yahoo!?
            Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail.