Scott Nicholls at Fast Fridays?

  • Lee & Wendy Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      I'm sure he'll still ride but not the ideal preparation for English rider and 2002 GP qualifier Scott Nicholls, Nicholls who is in the World team to take on the US has got himself into major strife after punching a fan at Kings Lynn Speedway in England last night.

      This is the view of someone that was there.

      Subject: [speedway] Scott Nicholls

      To say that a 12 month ban is excessive is total cr*p
      he should be banned for a minimum of 12 months,
      causing GBH to a supporter by a professional sportsman
      should never be tolerated in this day and age, anyone
      remember the furore surrounding Eric Cantona?

      Scott had no reason to be involved in the incident,
      his father was involved in an "exchange of views" with
      a Lynn supporter when all of a sudden Tommy made a
      grab for the fan who then grabbed Tommy Nicholls back,
      what followed was no more than two little boys pulling
      and pushing each other and the Lynn stewards were
      dealing with it when Scott came running from his pit
      space, having no chance of knowing the nature of what
      was happening and while running proceeded to jump the
      barrier and in full flight punch the fan squarely in
      the face, I do not know the full extent of the injury
      sustained by the fan but a fair guess would be a
      broken nose at least if not more.

      In conclusion i feel a 12 month ban should be the
      minimum, if this is how the Nicholls handle pressure
      in the least important fixture of the season then god
      help the rest of the competitors or slightly
      vociferous polish fans when they enter the white hot
      atmosphere of the GP's

      Baz

    • Barry Bishop
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
        I hope that he DOES NOT get banned as it will be a
        huge loss to the GP. It would also be inconsistent,
        was Boyce banned for punching Gollob in the first year
        of GPs? Or Martin Dugard punched an opposition rider
        live on Sky sports after his father had words.

        Fan or rider, a punch is a punch.

        --- Lee & Wendy Morris <LWMORRIS@...> wrote:
        > I'm sure he'll still ride but not the ideal
        > preparation for English rider and 2002 GP qualifier
        > Scott Nicholls, Nicholls who is in the World team to
        > take on the US has got himself into major strife
        > after punching a fan at Kings Lynn Speedway in
        > England last night.
        >
        > This is the view of someone that was there.
        >
        > Subject: [speedway] Scott Nicholls
        >

        > To say that a 12 month ban is excessive is total
        > cr*p
        > he should be banned for a minimum of 12 months,
        > causing GBH to a supporter by a professional
        > sportsman
        > should never be tolerated in this day and age,
        > anyone
        > remember the furore surrounding Eric Cantona?
        >
        > Scott had no reason to be involved in the incident,
        > his father was involved in an "exchange of views"
        > with
        > a Lynn supporter when all of a sudden Tommy made a
        > grab for the fan who then grabbed Tommy Nicholls
        > back,
        > what followed was no more than two little boys
        > pulling
        > and pushing each other and the Lynn stewards were
        > dealing with it when Scott came running from his pit
        > space, having no chance of knowing the nature of
        > what
        > was happening and while running proceeded to jump
        > the
        > barrier and in full flight punch the fan squarely in
        > the face, I do not know the full extent of the
        > injury
        > sustained by the fan but a fair guess would be a
        > broken nose at least if not more.
        >
        > In conclusion i feel a 12 month ban should be the
        > minimum, if this is how the Nicholls handle pressure
        > in the least important fixture of the season then
        > god
        > help the rest of the competitors or slightly
        > vociferous polish fans when they enter the white hot
        > atmosphere of the GP's
        >
        > Baz

        > Nokia Game is on again.
        > Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the
        > new
        > all media adventure before November 3rd.
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > Terms of Service.

        =====
        Barry Bishop