'Speedway Billy' Huspek Memorial Trophy - 14 Nov Victorville

  • Steve Evans
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      The Victorville season concludes a week Saturday with a 3pm day race, in honor of Speedway Billy Huspek. This event was conceived by Billy's mom and myself at a very moving night at Victorville on the day after Billy's funeral. It was decided to close the season with this event, that way it was not lost in the 'three day a week racing blur' that became the SoCal summer this year!

      The event will feature all divisions and will be an individual competition. We were hoping to unviel 2008 Polish Champion and 2009 Elite League Champion Adam Skornicki as a rider for this event, but a knee injury at Wolverhampton this past monday gone meant that Adam will now need surgery and will not be able to travel. Adam is keen to ride in the US and we hope to bring him and several other Polish riders out in 2010.

      We do want to put on a show that will do Billy's name justice and not just have 'another night of speedway'. To get the best field possible, heat sponsorships are available at $50 each, all proceeds going to the riders purse.

      There is a special announcement of a unique rider who will be at this event, but more on that later.

      Rider sign ups are open, it would be great if we could make this the best Victorville line up ever as we honor our much missed friend.

    • Steve Evans
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
        Thanks to Sarge Robert Fiesler for being the first aboard to sponsor a heat!

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
          Ty Richey has stepped up with $300 for the purse at the Speedway Billy Memorial meeting! Wow, quite a gesture! Thanks Ty.