Practice

  • Alita Hartt
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1 7:39 AM
      Hi All!
      Sunday was a terrific practice, had 18 or 20 bikes there.
      The track started out real good damp smooth and loose DG, but at the mid day after the big guy's ran it was very rough we had alot of rut's and the loose DG was thrown off. Mike hopes to get a blade and more equipment out there to smooth the track and work it over during the course of the day. Everyone had a great time and had plenty of track time.
      The next practice will be December 11th Saturday 12:00 till dark track conditions permitting. He plans on running every other weekend Saturdays thru the winter. He wants to give the neighbors a break so he does'nt get too much static from them, good thinking as we have lost several tracks due to neighbor complaints!!! I suggest calling ahead to make sure it is open he has a recorded message.
      (916) 645-3709
      Cheers, Alita
    • Alita Hartt
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 27, 2000
        There should be practice Sunday barring any more rain.
        Call ahead to make sure. I will post again Friday to make sure the track is ready.
        Mike Martin ( 916) 645-3709.
        Alita
      • speedway bikes
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 27, 2000
          >From: "Alita Hartt" <ahartt@...>
          >To: <speedwaybikes@onelist.com>
          >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Practice
          >Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 06:23:13 -0800
          >
          >From: "Alita Hartt" <ahartt@...>
          >
          >There should be practice Sunday barring any more rain.
          >Call ahead to make sure. I will post again Friday to make sure the track is
          >ready.
          >Mike Martin ( 916) 645-3709.

          could someone tell me the directions to the practice track in
          lincoln--coming from the bay area?
          > Alita

        • Alita Hartt
          Message 4 of 19 , May 3, 2000
            I have heard several people mention an open practice this weekend at the fair grounds.
            I talked to Mark Joiner Wendsday evening and he said he had no knowledge of a planned practice.
            Dave had come in from the UK early Wendsday morning no doubt suffering from jet lag so Mark had not talked to him to confirm this but was doubtful of a practice.
            Unfotunately the home show is this weekend and apparently there were some complaints of dust and noise during practice last year.
            The Joiners work hard to maintain a good reputation with the community and the fair grounds so we can keep the program running and growing with community support. Due to the complaints it does not look very promising.
            I hope Dave will have his land legs under him tomarrow and make a posting confirming one way or the other.
            On the brite side for those of you needing to break in the new suits, blow the dust off and do some fine tuning the Lincoln track will be open Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 till ???????

             See Ya all opening night and good luck to all, Alita
          • Alita Hartt
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 29, 2000
              Due to bad weather and too much mud the Lincoln track has rescheduled.

              Sunday November 5th open practice 12:00 - 4:00

              Saturday November 4th Junior's only 12:00 - 4:00

              Always subject to change due to weather. When in doubt call ahead.

              See YA There!!!!
            • Alita Hartt
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 18, 2000
                Lincoln track is open tomorrow Sunday November 19th for practice from
                12:00 - 4:00.

                For those that have tried to call the Lincoln number they are experiencing
                phone problems thus a busy signal.

                For questions or directions you can call Alita at (530) 885 - 8658. They
                hope to have the problem resolved soon.
                Thanks, Alita
              • Earthling92@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 18, 2000
                  hi! its me Amy I was just wondering were the Lincoln track is?  My e-mailing
                  address is abrown@....  bubye
                • weslakerudy@netscape.net
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 9, 2002
                    Hi;

                    There is an open practice at Fast Fridays this Sunday April 14.
                    Time is from 10am-3pm. Junior's free....Seniors $20.

                    Oh yeah that's if it doesn't rain or SNOW again !!!

                    Rudy

                  • gene the machine
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 27 5:09 PM
                      Hello Riders, We used to go to a dry lake bed near Lucerne Valley,
                      Take Bear Valley Road to the end. Then take Old Woman Springs Road
                      towards Lucerne Valley .On your left hand side there is a dry lake
                      bed and you can enter where the Lion's Club Shooting Range is . Don't
                      worry they don't shoot towards the Lakebed. Plenty of Area to ride
                      and less hassle than El Mirage. It was a good surface for Danny
                      Becker and me way back when. It holds up good to Nitro and 22's. I
                      was just out there 2 yrs
                      ago.
                      Tom Hamilton are you back here or still in
                      N.C. ?
                      Grab a cold one, Mr. Machine
                    • bob_higginson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 27 5:15 PM
                        --- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, "gene the machine" <
                        johnnysauter@y...> wrote:
                        "Plenty of Area to ride and less hassle than El Mirage. It was a good surface
                        for Danny Becker and me way back when. It holds up good to Nitro and 22's."

                        And Danny probably knocked down anything there was to run into, making it
                        safe for everyone else........

                        For my " Speedway New Year Resoultion", who will join me in getting Danny
                        back on a bike for the 2005 season??

                        Bob
                      • sideways46@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 27 10:16 PM
                          HEY GUYS , IV'E PASSED BY THE LUCERNE LAKE BED OFTEN, HAVENT TRIED TO RIDE ON IT IN ABOUT 25 YRS OR SO. I WAS TOLD IT'S SOFT BUT HAVE NOT CHECKED IT OUT. I DO KNOW A GOOD PART OF IT IS FENCED OFF, AND I HAVENT SEEN ANY OFF ROADERS ON IT IN A LONG TIME, BUT I WILL GO OUT THERE TOMMOROW (TUES.) AND SEE WHATS UP. WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT. GOD KNOWS IT'S ALOT CLOSER THAN EL MIRAGE FOR US, 15 MIN. COMPARED TO 3O MIN....LOL........STAY TUNED..

                                                                        TEAM CONNER
                        • sideways46@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 27 10:20 PM
                            P.S. TAKE BEAR V. TO END MERGE TO THE RIGHT (DEAD MANS CURVE) CONTINUE TILL LAKE BED ON LEFT(2ND ONE) YOU WILL BE ON HWY. 18 OLD WOMAN SPRINGS ROAD IS IN THE TOWN OF LUCERNE
                          • gene the machine
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 29 5:07 PM
                              --- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, sideways46@a... wrote:
                              > HEY GUYS , IV'E PASSED BY THE LUCERNE LAKE BED OFTEN, HAVENT TRIED
                              TO RIDE
                              > ON IT IN ABOUT 25 YRS OR SO. I WAS TOLD IT'S SOFT BUT HAVE NOT
                              CHECKED IT OUT.
                              > I DO KNOW A GOOD PART OF IT IS FENCED OFF, AND I HAVENT SEEN ANY
                              OFF ROADERS
                              > ON IT IN A LONG TIME, BUT I WILL GO OUT THERE TOMMOROW (TUES.) AND
                              SEE WHATS
                              > UP. WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT. GOD KNOWS IT'S ALOT
                              CLOSER THAN EL
                              > MIRAGE FOR US, 15 MIN. COMPARED TO 3O MIN....LOL........STAY
                              TUNED..

                              > TEAM
                              CONNER
                              Hello, Yes it's a little soft but once you scrub off
                              the first few inches it gets nice and firm. I used to ride my Harley
                              XR750 Flattracker out there back in 1969 thru 1972 to practice for
                              Ascot. Now that I'm a little older and a few beers heavier I don't
                              know how it would hold up but, It's worth a
                              try.
                              More Beer, Gene
                            • Gregory Hayes
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 29 8:00 PM
                                With all the rain we have had the past couple days up here in the High Desert I think you can forget about the dry lakes for quite a while.  They will stay muddy for a long time after the surface water is gone.

                                Greg
                                > HEY GUYS , IV'E PASSED BY THE LUCERNE LAKE BED OFTEN, HAVENT TRIED
                                TO RIDE
                                > ON IT IN ABOUT 25 YRS OR SO. I WAS TOLD IT'S SOFT BUT HAVE NOT
                                CHECKED IT OUT.
                                > I  DO KNOW A GOOD PART OF IT IS FENCED OFF, AND I HAVENT SEEN ANY
                                OFF ROADERS
                                > ON IT  IN A LONG TIME, BUT I WILL GO OUT THERE TOMMOROW (TUES.) AND
                                SEE WHATS
                                > UP. WILL  LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I FIND OUT. GOD KNOWS IT'S ALOT
                                CLOSER THAN EL
                                > MIRAGE FOR  US, 15 MIN. COMPARED TO 3O MIN....LOL........STAY
                                TUNED..

                                >                                               TEAM
                                CONNER
                                               Hello,  Yes it's a little soft but once you scrub off
                                the first few inches it gets nice and firm. I used to ride my Harley
                                XR750 Flattracker out there back in 1969 thru 1972 to practice for
                                Ascot. Now that I'm a little older and a few beers heavier I don't
                                know how it would hold up but, It's worth a
                                try.
                                                        More Beer,   Gene

                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/befslB/TM

                                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Steve Evans
                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 29 10:13 PM
                                  The 'Dream Team USA' tour to England in 2005 is gaining momentum. So far, we
                                  have 5 race dates provisionally scheduled, with one more needed to make up
                                  the full tour. The dates are:

                                  At Stoke Spitfires (March 23)
                                  At Weymouth Wildcats (March 25)
                                  At Mildenhall Tigers (March 27)
                                  At Sittingbourne Crusaders (March 28)
                                  At Edinburgh (Vs Scottish Natonal Squad) April 2

                                  We plan to run a full 15 heat British style match at Victorville on January
                                  15th. This will be mixed in with John Aden's regular Sprint program. Any
                                  riders who wish to fill the remaining places, email or call Steve or Gary.

                                  There will be other matches in February and March, using as many venues as
                                  possible to ready the team for England, and it's differing surfaces and
                                  track sizes, dates to be announced.

                                  The squad of riders is; Chris Kerr, Shaun Harmiatuk, T J Fowler, Billy
                                  Hiles, Dario Galvin, Tim Gomez, Neil Faccini, JT Mabry, Dale Faccini.

                                  A squad system will be used in England with the team rotating to give
                                  everyone a shot. We have a team of three expierenced speedway personnel in
                                  England who are managing the UK end of the tour.

                                  We are seeking sponsors and donations to make this happen. Let's send out
                                  boys to England prepared to do the USA proud! PLease help personally, or
                                  give us any corporate leads you may have. All proceeds go to the tour, not
                                  our wallets.This tour will not only ready these riders for future European
                                  careers, but will also raise their quality of racing back home and give us
                                  more top line riders at our weekly race tracks.

                                  This project is about speedway, not politics, and we want US Speedway, not
                                  vested interests, to come out as the winner. It's time the sport got big
                                  again.

                                  Please contact Steve Evans (310 309 9418 ) or Gary Gomez (951 741 6762) with
                                  sponsorship leads.

                                  Steve
                                • Krystal Cramer
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 1, 2005
                                    Hey Steve
                                    I was wondering if I got some Jr's together if we could ride on the 15th? Cuz I know alot of us are looking for somewhere to ride so can you please e-mail me back about it. That will be great.
                                          Krystal

                                    Steve Evans <stevemevans@...> wrote:

[...]

                                    Do you Yahoo!?