RE: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE

  • ERIC EIBELL
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
      my name is eric eibell and i have a motorcycle parts and modification shop in florida.im looking for a grass track bike to add to my collection...  thank you   eric

      Kim Smith <kabons64@...> wrote:

      C.A.D.,

      If you dont mind me asking who are you and where are you located?

      Jason

      >From: "itsjustme2you" <itsjustme2you@...> >Reply-To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:36:23 -0000 > >No email yet. Must be floating around somewhere in cyberspace. Post >the info here & them I'll be sure to see it, please. Thanks. C.A.D. > >--- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Smith" <kabons64@h...> >wrote: > > I sent you an email off list...let me know if you dont receive it. > >Thanks. > >Jason >

      MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download!

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Kim Smith
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004

        Eric,

        I dont have any grasstrack bikes but can keep on the lookout for one for you. Were you responding to my email asking who C.A.D. is? Are you C.A.D. also? If so how come you didnt use your list address itsjustyou2me? If your just someone else who picked up on the for sale ad then my question still remains to itsjustyou2me...who are you and where are you from?

        Jason

        >From: ERIC EIBELL <eeibell@...> >Reply-To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >Subject: RE: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 03:30:41 -0800 (PST) > >my name is eric eibell and i have a motorcycle parts and modification shop in florida.im looking for a grass track bike to add to my collection... thank you eric > >Kim Smith <kabons64@...> wrote: >C.A.D., > >If you dont mind me asking who are you and where are you located? > >Jason > > > > > > > >From: "itsjustme2you" <itsjustme2you@...> >Reply-To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE >Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:36:23 -0000 > >No email yet. Must be floating around somewhere in cyberspace. Post >the info here & them I'll be sure to see it, please. Thanks. C.A.D. > >--- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Smith" <kabons64@h...> >wrote: > > I sent you an email off list...let me know if you dont receive it. > >Thanks. > >Jason > > > >--------------------------------- >MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � FREE download! > >--------------------------------- >Yahoo! Groups Links > > To visit your group on the web, go to: >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedwaybikes/ > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: >speedwaybikes-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. > > > > >--------------------------------- >Do you Yahoo!? >Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today

      • itsjustme2you
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
          Yes, I was interested & maybe some others were. I don't know. I
          answered your email that you sent off list. I also explained why I
          didn't see your email till today.
          As for posting your message on price to the list, I will not, even
          tho you gave me permission. You will have to yourself. Thanks again.

          wrote:
          > Sorry, I thought that it was you that was interested. If you want
          to forward the message on price to the list thats fine.
        • itsjustme2you
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
            Sorry, but I do mind. Didn't know that was a factor here. Am someone
            who wants to build a bike & then have someone else ride it. I can't.
            Like "The Field of Dreams" (build it & they will come). I just like
            Speedway. Maybe till next year I will have what I want. Thank you.

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004

              Sorry, I like to know who the customer is. I asked where because that obviously affects the shipping price. Shipping to Pine Grove, PA wouldnt be much though.

              Jason

              >From: "itsjustme2you" <itsjustme2you@...> >Reply-To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE >Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:28:20 -0000 > >Sorry, but I do mind. Didn't know that was a factor here. Am someone >who wants to build a bike & then have someone else ride it. I can't. >Like "The Field of Dreams" (build it & they will come). I just like >Speedway. Maybe till next year I will have what I want. Thank you. >C.A.D. > >--- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Smith" <kabons64@h...> >wrote: > > C.A.D., > >If you dont mind me asking who are you and where are you located? > >Jason >

              Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms � all in one place at MSN Money!
            • tmathewson677@tier.net
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
                Jason,
                Are you suggesting that Damon is pumping you anonymously
                for your pricing???
                When has Damon(or I for that matter) ever been bashful
                about posting anything on this list??
                I think if you go back through the that mr
                "itsjustmetoyou" has sparred with Damon previously.
                As always I could be wrong.
                Tim M

                > Sorry, I like to know who the customer is. I asked
                > where because that obviously affects the shipping
                > price. Shipping to Pine Grove, PA wouldnt be much
                > though. Jason
              • itsjustme2you
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
                  If this was for me:
                  Man, are you confusing. All I asked for was info & to post it. I
                  didn't ask you to email it. I'm not your customer. All I did was
                  inquire. If that makes me a customer, I better not ask anybody
                  anything. Had you posted it instead of emailing, you wouldn't know
                  me then either. I could've seen it without you knowing anything. If
                  I would've wanted what you had, then I would've been your customer &
                  you would know who I am. As I told you in email that you didn't have
                  what I wanted & why. No need to know shipping price unless I'm
                  buying & having it shipped. Or even picked up & no shipping.
                  As for shipping to Pine Grove, PA., maybe this post is for someone
                  else. Sorry.
                  If it was for me. Wrong.
                  Man, this place is rough. C.A.D.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
                    ERIC WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY GRASS OR LONG TRACK BIKES FOR SALE AND WHAT THE PRICE IS.. I LIVE IN FLORIDA ,CAN YOU SHIP........

                    Kim Smith <kabons64@...> wrote:

                    Sorry, I like to know who the customer is. I asked where because that obviously affects the shipping price. Shipping to Pine Grove, PA wouldnt be much though.

                    Jason

                    >From: "itsjustme2you" <itsjustme2you@...> >Reply-To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Re: FOR SALE >Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:28:20 -0000 > >Sorry, but I do mind. Didn't know that was a factor here. Am someone >who wants to build a bike & then have someone else ride it. I can't. >Like "The Field of Dreams" (build it & they will come). I just like >Speedway. Maybe till next year I will have what I want. Thank you. >C.A.D. > >--- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Smith" <kabons64@h...> >wrote: > > C.A.D., > >If you dont mind me asking who are you and where are you located? > >Jason >

                    Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms � all in one place at MSN Money!

                    Do you Yahoo!?
                  • Chips dad
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
                      I am not sure why I got drug into this. I dont care what Jason sells
                      his stuff for. Thats his buisiness not mine. Actually I was gonna
                      sell him a carb or trade out some stuff. As for prices on STUHA
                      frames you can clearly see my prices are posted. I think Jason was
                      selling laydown frames. I mainly did my post for uptight Uprights.
                      But I can supply a laydown new or used.

                      Damon

                      --- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, <tmathewson677@t...> wrote:
                      > Jason,
                      > Are you suggesting that Damon is pumping you anonymously
                      > for your pricing???
                      > When has Damon(or I for that matter) ever been bashful
                      > about posting anything on this list??
                      > I think if you go back through the that mr
                      > "itsjustmetoyou" has sparred with Damon previously.
                      > As always I could be wrong.
                      > Tim M
                      >

                      > > Sorry, I like to know who the customer is. I asked
                      > > where because that obviously affects the shipping
                      > > price. Shipping to Pine Grove, PA wouldnt be much
                      > > though. Jason
                    • Malcolm Roe
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 1, 2004
                        I will have bikes for sale after May this year when my others have arrived from England.
                        I will have an Antig Bultaco 250 and an Antig/Hagon BSA 250, an Ansel Suzuki 250 and a relatively rare Hagon LTR with a Mk10 Bultaco 250 in it. Later on probably around July I will have a YZ250 BRM for sale.
                        All the above will be under $1200, the Suzuki with a chassis last owned by Les Collins who came 2nd to Penhall in 1982 will be one of the cheaper ones at $750. The exchange rate is shocking, still GT bikes are cheap as they like speedway bikes don't cost much in the first place.

                        Exactly what are you looking for? A 500cc or 250cc, 350cc.
                        twin shock, mono. You must be careful or you will end up with a bitza. You have a collection and I presume you will want an original bike.

                        There have been well over 80 manufacturers of GT bikes over the years, some simply copied others and then others swallowed up companies as Antig did with Hagon making it harder to find an original. There are lots of Antig/Hagon bitzas around.

                        One thing is for sure the bikes are easy to find and as most GT manufacturers only made chassis, a correct bike can be made by just buying the chassis and getting the appropiate engine here. Good example would be an Elstar made for a Maico.

                        In Britain used 250s run from around $400-$600, this would get you an older 2 stroke or BSA c15.  500s and there are two in this weeks Speedway Star can be bought all day long for under $1500. One in Speedway Star is 1,390.99 for an Antig Weslake, a classic combination. Shipping is where the cost starts to rise.

                        I have one of two factory built Weslake SOHC Laydown engines ridden by Martin Hagon of Hagon Shocks for Antig. Hagon Shocks has the other engine in a complete bike in their showroom. My engine could be quite easily mated with a chassis to build a very rare machine.

                        I buy my bikes to race and am not interested in how original they are, however the Hagon LTR and BRM are unmollested. The Ansel chassis is original and has interesting history, the engine is nothing to speak of and was not in the bike when les owned it. Antig have NOS 250 Bultaco engines and can make a new bike in kit form for about $4000. New Ansels can still be bought 250s through 500s, now made by RTS, the company is owned by a former Ansel employee.

                        I f you are interested I have a set of Track Racing Review magazines printed from 1998 through 2002 and devoted to new and old grasstrack and longtrack racing. #s 1+2 are out of print the other 16 are still available and are superb glossy mags packed with pictures and articles. These would give you a great idea of the wide choice of machines on offer.
                        Cost due to again to the horrible exchange rate and shipping stands me at $122 for 16 issues. I would have to price shipping to Florida.

                        Click here for my TRR pages on the web.

                        I can also get a NOS book called the Gemini book of Grasstrack from 1981. Excellent book covering the sport. And videos, there are many many superb videos plus I've asked a current producer of videos if he would put them on USA format DVD and he said yes, so hopefully that will happen soon.

                        Hope this longwinded reply helps. Best to decided want era and cc you would like and how much you want to pay, then take it from there.

                        Cheers,
                        Malcolm

                        http;//xtremesport.org

                      • meeibell
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 11, 2010
                          EIBELL PERFORMANCE 5000 110TH AVE N CLEARWATER FL