Re: [speedwaybikes] SPEEDWAY ON TV

  • robert mellor
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2004
      Might want to sheck again. I looked it up and the program says 11:00 a.m. pst

      Robert Mellor

      Steve Evans <stevemevans@...> wrote:
      Per the spiketv.com website, the show time is 11;00am EST, 12:00 noon PST

      >From: "John Hillman" <jrhillman82@...>
      >To: <speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [speedwaybikes] SPEEDWAY ON TV
      >Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:04:01 -0500
      >
      >Is this EST please?
      >
      >John

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • robert mellor
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2004
        Ya thats right up here in the north we say sheck. Sorry about my typing skills.

        robert mellor <rmellor236@...> wrote:
        Might want to sheck again. I looked it up and the program says 11:00 a.m. pst

        Robert Mellor

        Steve Evans <stevemevans@...> wrote:
        Per the spiketv.com website, the show time is 11;00am EST, 12:00 noon PST

        >From: "John Hillman" <jrhillman82@...>
        >To: <speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [speedwaybikes] SPEEDWAY ON TV
        >Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:04:01 -0500
        >
        >Is this EST please?
        >
        >John

        Do you Yahoo!?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Chips dad
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2004
          Rumor has it everyone got ripped off by the event organizers. Wonder
          if the Speedway guys got ripped as well? From the look in the
          grandstands they didnt have any money to pay anyone with. Heard that
          even the promoters of the individual events got ripped. Didn't the
          Oxleys promote that event? Hope they didnt get screwed.

          --- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, Izzyfaster@c... wrote:
          > SUNDAY 11 AM ON SPIKE TV SPEEDWAY AND SIDECARS FROM LAS VEGAS
        • Timothy Crump
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2004
            Couldn't find it on Spike here in Las Vegas!!!!! Maybe we were blacked out,
            since we were there!!

            Tim Crump

            AMA#664988
            MGNOC #262
            FSSNOC #3057
            AMF#100239
            98 Moto Guzzi V10 (1000) Centauro
            69 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador

            "I'll believe in skepticism when I see it"

            >From: robert mellor <rmellor236@...>
            >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [speedwaybikes] SPEEDWAY ON TV
            >Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 09:32:08 -0800 (PST)
            >
            >Ya thats right up here in the north we say sheck. Sorry about my typing
            >skills.
            >
            >robert mellor <rmellor236@...> wrote:Might want to sheck again. I
            >looked it up and the program says 11:00 a.m. pst
            >
            >Robert Mellor
            >
            >Steve Evans <stevemevans@...> wrote:
            >Per the spiketv.com website, the show time is 11;00am EST, 12:00 noon PST
            >

            > >From: "John Hillman" <jrhillman82@...>
            > >To: <speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com>
            > >Subject: Re: [speedwaybikes] SPEEDWAY ON TV
            > >Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:04:01 -0500
            > >
            > >Is this EST please?
            > >
            > >John

          • Timothy Crump
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 1, 2004
              It was part of the "Great American Speedway Experience", or GAME (which
              might have been an omen). The crowd WAS small, and most of them were not
              there the whole time, being mostly curious folks who wandered into the place
              out of curiosity.

              The whole event was a big flop. There were no manufacturers there, except
              the "Boss Hoss" folks, who did offer demo rides. There were a handful of
              local dealers there, but only the KTM shop put any effort into it. I helped
              my brand-new local Moto Guzzi/Ducati/Aprilia dealer with their stand, but it
              was terribly lame, and didn't draw enough interest.

              Most of the vendors were the "sunglasses, bandannas and stickers" variety.
              Plus the events were spread out, becasue it is a huge facility. From the
              flat track to the roadrace area is alonmost a mile. On top of all that, we
              had just hosted the BikeFest 2003 event, wich is primarily Harleys, but that
              brought in thousands of H-D types most of whom probably couldn't do two
              weekends in a row here.

              The announcer at the drag strip kept talking about "25,000 people" in
              attendance, but I think he was including the cars going by on I-15 that
              looked in the direction of the race track!!

              Tim Crump

              AMA#664988
              MGNOC #262
              FSSNOC #3057
              AMF#100239
              98 Moto Guzzi V10 (1000) Centauro
              69 Moto Guzzi 750 Ambassador

              "I'll believe in skepticism when I see it"

              >From: "Chips dad" <damonchip@...>
              >To: speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [speedwaybikes] Re: SPEEDWAY ON TV(Las Vegas rip off)
              >Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 02:23:58 -0000
              >
              >Rumor has it everyone got ripped off by the event organizers. Wonder
              >if the Speedway guys got ripped as well? From the look in the
              >grandstands they didnt have any money to pay anyone with. Heard that
              >even the promoters of the individual events got ripped. Didn't the
              >Oxleys promote that event? Hope they didnt get screwed.
              >

              >--- In speedwaybikes@yahoogroups.com, Izzyfaster@c... wrote:
              > > SUNDAY 11 AM ON SPIKE TV SPEEDWAY AND SIDECARS FROM LAS VEGAS
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >To visit your group on the web, go to:

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              High-speed users´┐Żbe more efficient online with the new MSN Premium Internet
            • Fstcpr@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
                In a message dated 2/1/2004 6:58:38 PM Pacific Standard Time, crumpta@... writes:
                Couldn't find it on Spike here in Las Vegas!!!!! Maybe we were blacked out,
                We found the show on our Direct TV setup. With the satellite show times are eastern time and usually early. The show was pretty good and IMO better than the Supervision coverage we are usually viewing. I raced at Las Vegas and was interviewed by Spike and my son watched looking for me. My interview wasn't shown so I would imagine that Spike TV phones rang off the hook in complaint.

                seu,

                DeWayne Stark
              • Kymber Estes
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 2, 2004
                  ummmm yeah, I will refrain from my comments but the truth is YES there are speedway riders with IOU'S...
                  Kymber