It's awful quiet?

  • Stephen Magro
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1 3:58 AM
      Um, did somebody say it's awful quiet?
      Well if some *interesting and new* discussion came up
      (other than Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan and RYAN whatshisname)
      ou could get us guys kinda interested. I used to be interested in the
      Ryan soap opera....for the first two months at least,
      but it never seems to end...it just goes around in circles.
      Then I read about car race reports on this MOTORCYCLE page,
      how so and so went in that race and this....blahhh!
      If it ain't got two wheels, it doesn't belong here.
      And toys, oh boy...unless they are speedway bike toys,
      this is not the place for a guy to advertise.
      Another gripe: why do people leave the original letter
      (and the one before that) at the bottom of their replies?
      I like to read the new letter, but not go through the old one
      three or four times.
      I haven't unsubsrcibed because I have friends in the U.S,
      but gee, gimme something interesting to talk and read about huh guys?
      No doubt you will say I'm whinging, cause I am . Somebody like Lee
      in Australia tries to start an inteligent NEW debate, but it goes nowhere,
      you don't seem to respond. All I seem to read is bellyaching and moaning,
      advetising and car news and how the wife would like a drive...

      Steve Magro
      Brisbane, Australia
    • Tykela@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1 4:26 AM
        Well said Steve, couldn't agree more
      • Clive.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1 7:42 AM
          Steve and Lee if you are there somewhere from another Aussie who loves
          pressing the delete buttons

          what do you mean quiet! As one of them said months ago about the effort
          to put into speedway, if some put the written effort into physical
          effort "what a wonderful world it would be" quote unquote Louis
          Armstrong CARS Remember he is a Frank and what would he be if he
          was a real arm-chair NORMAN

          POINT FOR THOUGH The sport would be a lot better overthere if they had
          a lot more sidecars particularly the Aussie ones

          When you see your name that says Steve Magro wrote... you don't have to
          read any further

          Bring Ryan over here and let him "avgo" with our young ones (and old
          ones) and we would enjoy it. When I pay thru the gate I expect
          excitement, they are getting it and don't want it (I can't explain this)

          Maybe little tracks slows them down, brain included, what would they do
          if they had 500metres (550yds) or the the old Sydney Royale 660yds and
          was it 11yds wide on the bends, where they raced solo handicaps of 6 or
          more and 6 sidecars. What would they do if they saw long track speedway.
          Take their flatrack and run speedway bikes at 125mph+
          Do you think they would believe sidecars at 125mph+ ready to throw it
          sideways?

          Ah! well it is late at night and I may need my beauty sleep

          Clive cejaycam@...

          Stephen Magro wrote:

          > From: Stephen Magro <stvmagro@...>
          >
          > Um, did somebody say it's awful quiet?
          > Well if some *interesting and new* discussion came up
          > (other than Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan and RYAN whatshisname)
          > ou could get us guys kinda interested. I used to be interested in the
          > Ryan soap opera....for the first two months at least,
          > but it never seems to end...it just goes around in circles.
          > Then I read about car race reports on this MOTORCYCLE page,
          > how so and so went in that race and this....blahhh!
          > If it ain't got two wheels, it doesn't belong here.
          > And toys, oh boy...unless they are speedway bike toys,
          > this is not the place for a guy to advertise.
          > Another gripe: why do people leave the original letter
          > (and the one before that) at the bottom of their replies?
          > I like to read the new letter, but not go through the old one
          > three or four times.
          > I haven't unsubsrcibed because I have friends in the U.S,
          > but gee, gimme something interesting to talk and read about huh guys?
          > No doubt you will say I'm whinging, cause I am . Somebody like Lee
          > in Australia tries to start an inteligent NEW debate, but it goes nowhere,
          > you don't seem to respond. All I seem to read is bellyaching and moaning,
          > advetising and car news and how the wife would like a drive...
          >
          > Steve Magro
          > Brisbane, Australia

          > Enjoy 120+ unique music channels right from your desktop! Download
          > Spinner Plus 2.0 <a href=" http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/spinner1 ">Click Here</a>
          > Spinner.com. Where music lives online.

        • Brendan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1 7:51 AM
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1 10:27 AM
              Gee Steve..... you could have sent your reply to me personally. Since it
              seems directed at me.... did I bend a spoke in our last get together? Or
              is this your way of starting a new discussion?

              stvmagro@...

              >From: Stephen Magro <stvmagro@...>
              >
              >Um, did somebody say it's awful quiet?
              > Well if some *interesting and new* discussion came up
              >(other than Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan and RYAN whatshisname)
              >ou could get us guys kinda interested. I used to be interested in the
              >Ryan soap opera....for the first two months at least,
              >but it never seems to end...it just goes around in circles.

              Boy! Ryan really is popular now. Isn't he?

              >Then I read about car race reports on this MOTORCYCLE page,
              >how so and so went in that race and this....blahhh!
              > If it ain't got two wheels, it doesn't belong here.

              That was me. I apologize. I was given the impression that some people
              would like to know how an ex D1 rider was doing in a new sport. I will
              quit making those posts for your sake.

              >And toys, oh boy...unless they are speedway bike toys,
              >this is not the place for a guy to advertise.

              That was me too. And yes Steve. In case you haven't been paying
              attention. I do sell Speedway toys. But I won't bother you with that
              either. It was a one time offer.

              > Another gripe: why do people leave the original letter
              >(and the one before that) at the bottom of their replies?

              Because some people can't remember what was on the last letter. We have
              "small" minds.

              >I like to read the new letter, but not go through the old one
              >three or four times.
              > I haven't unsubsrcibed because I have friends in the U.S,
              >but gee, gimme something interesting to talk and read about huh guys?

              Please be more specific?

              > No doubt you will say I'm whinging, cause I am .

              No. I'll call it constructive criticism. It's ok Steve.

              >Somebody like Lee
              >in Australia tries to start an inteligent NEW debate, but it goes nowhere,
              >you don't seem to respond.

              Respond? To what? A new debate? I don't even know what you are talking
              about. How can we debate if we don't know the issue? Maybe here in the US
              we talk about issues that effect us. Ryan has a big effect. And he's just
              out of the gate. I hate to tell you this Steve. But you are gonna hear a
              lot more about Ryan, Ryan, RYAN! Go Ryan!

              >All I seem to read is bellyaching and moaning,
              >advetising and car news and how the wife would like a drive...

              Now you are getting personal... dragging my wife into it. Did I cause
              all of this personal grief? Or are all your US friends in Southern
              California?

              > Steve Magro
              > Brisbane, Australia

              Frank.

              TOY RACING RACING COLLECTIBLES
              5305 55th Av. N.E.
              Salem,OR 97305

              (503) 390-2669 Phone hours 6am-8pm PST.

              toyracing@... www.toyracing.com
            • toyracing
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1 12:13 PM
                Steve,
                Let me explain a thing or two. I'm a sponsor of several Speedway
                riders. When you are a sponsor you get promotion in return. When you get
                that, you make sales. That's why you sponsor. Sponsor, promotion, sales.
                1-2-3. Everybody wins. We're supposed to be promoting Speedway here. Not
                chasing off sponsors!
                My participation in this list has allowed me to voice my opinion on
                several issues that effect us a great deal here in the US. Apparently as
                meaningless to you, as some are to us. Some of these issues have rarely
                been spoken of between fans, riders, sponsors and promoters at the same
                time. We all read this.... so it's a positive way to "air" things.
                My participation has also allowed me to sell some Speedway toys. The
                sales allowed me to restock an item I'd been out of. Now that I have 'em
                again, it helps to promote Speedway. And to promote Toy Racing Racing
                Collectibles.
                I've also gained the opportunity to sponsor a couple new Junior
                riders. To add to the list of over a dozen I've sponsored. And no....
                I've never sponsored Ryan Fisher. Simply because the opportunity was
                never brought up. I'd have been happy to when he was a Junior. I'm not a
                big money sponsor. I like to give stickers, toys, wheel discs, etc to the
                kids. All of 'em. It gives 'em a good feeling to have sponsors. Some of
                these kids have no other sponsors. I remember bein' a kid.
                Now........ if I can't promote my business.... because people like
                you would rather not see sponsor promotions....... maybe I should take my
                interests elsewhere? Do you think I make a fortune selling Speedway toys?
                And sponsoring Speedway riders? Give me a break! I do it because I love
                it! I love the kids. I love the parents. I quit riding because of
                attitudes. People who think they can just take and never give back.
                People who really don't give a damn if it's fair or not. Now you think
                you are gonna chase me away from being a sponsor and fan/critic too?

                Frank.

                PS Like someone just mentioned..... "can't we all just get along?" Peace
                dude.

                toyracing@...

> [...]
                >we talk about issues that effect us. Ryan has a big effect. And he's just
                >out of the gate. I hate to tell you this Steve. But you are gonna hear a
                >lot more about Ryan, Ryan, RYAN! Go Ryan!
                >

                >>All I seem to read is bellyaching and moaning,
                >>advetising and car news and how the wife would like a drive...
                >
                >Now you are getting personal... dragging my wife into it. Did I cause
                >all of this personal grief? Or are all your US friends in Southern
                >California?
                >>
                >> Steve Magro
                >> Brisbane, Australia
                >>

                >Frank.
                >
                >TOY RACING RACING COLLECTIBLES
                >5305 55th Av. N.E.
                >Salem,OR 97305
                >
                >(503) 390-2669 Phone hours 6am-8pm PST.
                >
                >toyracing@... www.toyracing.com

                >ONElist: the best source for group communications.

                " What is a friend? I will tell you.... It is someone with whom you dare
                to be yourself."

                Frank Crane

                TOY RACING RACING COLLECTIBLES
                (503) 390-2669 Phone hours 6am-8pm PST.
                www.toyracing.com
                toyracing@...
              • toyracing
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1 12:54 PM
                  Steve,
                  I'm sorry for the "People who think they can just take and never
                  give back. People who really don't give a damn if it's fair or not."
                  implication. I'm certain you yourself probably have a great history of
                  positive involvement. I personally have no knowledge of your background.
                  Do you suppose that maybe that is the problem here? That we have yet to
                  earn each other's respect? And we're being a little "protective" of
                  territory that doesn't even belong to us?

                  PS I also certainly apologize to others on the list who are bearing with
                  this. I would have just sent this to Steve as I should have the others.
                  But... I goofed, so I thought a public apology was in order.

                  toyracing@...

                • OtisEleva@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 1 9:21 PM
                    Frank:
                    I have seen many of the kids you sponsor, and I say, "More Power To You!'
                    Did someone actually have the audacity to criticize your marketing a few
                    speedway items on these pages? If so, all I can say is, "What Idiots!" You
                    are serving a need. Keep up the good work, and keep the bulletins coming!
                  • OtisEleva@xxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 1 9:22 PM