The Rubik's Cube is easy

  • crazycomputers
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 3, 2000
      I can usually solve the Rubik's Cube in 2-3 minutes.
    • slowcuber
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 4, 2000
        Way I memorize moves is: First learn to quickly
        recognize the position in which a move starts. Then, since
        I have a terrible time visualizing where cubes are
        moving, I forget about that. I first just learn the first
        two turns or so of a move; say it starts R U R' U', I
        just try to remember R, or R U. I do that with all the
        moves. Then as a move turns up again and again, I start
        to try to remember the next several turns, R' U'.
        Usually you can see how the move finishes from the last
        three turns or so.<br><br>I also say the move to myself
        as I am doing it when I am learning a new move, I
        find this really helps me.<br><br>And then eventually
        the move is remembered all in my hands. Your hands
        can remember a surprising amount of moves.<br><br>My
        huge problem is finding the cube pairs quickly in F2L;
        that to me is the biggest challenge with this method.