Re: Where to buy?

  • Josef Jelinek
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I can answer partially to the square-1 question.
      The square-1 is originally Czech invention (Hrsel & Kopsky
      physicians) and went into production in Czech Republic few years ago
      in really good quality with really good plastic stickers (compared to
      the paper-based stickers of other square-1 products) and the name of
      this puzzle is "Cube 21" (not square-1, but that is the only
      difference). There are two variations of "Cube 21": 6 color and 2
      color (one is silver).
      And the best thing is the price: 200,-CZK ~ $7.4 (I think it could be
      more for international sales...)
      The worst thing would be the postage prices - I do not have
      experience with it.
      Have a look at:
      http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php

      Hope it helps.

      Regards,

      Josef

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "ferret511"
      <ferret511@y...> wrote:
      > I've been looking into getting a square-1 and or a megaminx,
      because
      > I've never tried these puzzles. Anyway, I know that you can get a
      > square-1 at rubiks.com, but they have been out of stock for months
      it
      > seems, plus they don't even have a megaminx.
      >
      > The only other option that I personally know of is mefferts.com,
      but
      > mefferts doesn't have a square-1 (I don't think). What I wanted to
      > ask you guys is:
      > Is there a reliable place (not ebay) where I can get both of these
      > puzzles?
      >
      > Obviously, tiles are nice, but I got a cube from mefferts with
      tiles,
      > and was disappointed, the tiles were not centered, plus the cube
      just
      > wasn't good. Where do you guys buy your puzzles?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > ferret
    • Aili Asikainen
      Message 2 of 9 , May 7, 2007
        Where should I buy a GOOD cube? The cube shoudn't be too stiff.
      • jeff17237
        Message 3 of 9 , May 7, 2007
          i use rubikshop.com, or there is always ebay. you can always lube it
          later with a non-oil based lubricant (I use silicon).
        • Corwin
          Message 4 of 9 , May 7, 2007
            www.cube4you.com

            I believe they sell both of those, but shipping costs may be a bit nasty.

            <ferret511@...> wrote:

            > I've been looking into getting a square-1 and or a megaminx, because
            > I've never tried these puzzles. Anyway, I know that you can get a
            > square-1 at rubiks.com, but they have been out of stock for months it
            > seems, plus they don't even have a megaminx.
            >
            > The only other option that I personally know of is mefferts.com, but
            > mefferts doesn't have a square-1 (I don't think). What I wanted to
            > ask you guys is:
            > Is there a reliable place (not ebay) where I can get both of these
            > puzzles?
            >
            > Obviously, tiles are nice, but I got a cube from mefferts with tiles,
            > and was disappointed, the tiles were not centered, plus the cube just
            > wasn't good. Where do you guys buy your puzzles?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > ferret

          • Johannes Laire
            Message 5 of 9 , May 8, 2007
              --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jeff17237
              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > i use rubikshop.com, or there is always ebay. you can always lube it
              > later with a non-oil based lubricant (I use silicon).

              You can also lube it with a non-silicon based lubricant (I use oil).

              --
              Johannes Laire
            • xkiesterx
              Message 6 of 9 , May 8, 2007
                I ordered an eastsheen 4x4x4 and 2x2x2 from cube4you.com and then they
                sent me an email saying they don't collaborate with mozilla firefox or
                something, anyone know anything about this?
                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Corwin"
                <aznspazboi@...> wrote:

                > www.cube4you.com
                >

                > I believe they sell both of those, but shipping costs may be a bit
                nasty.

                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "ferret511"
                > <ferret511@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I've been looking into getting a square-1 and or a megaminx, because
                > > I've never tried these puzzles. Anyway, I know that you can get a
                > > square-1 at rubiks.com, but they have been out of stock for months it
                > > seems, plus they don't even have a megaminx.
                > >
                > > The only other option that I personally know of is mefferts.com, but
                > > mefferts doesn't have a square-1 (I don't think). What I wanted to
                > > ask you guys is:
                > > Is there a reliable place (not ebay) where I can get both of these
                > > puzzles?
                > >
                > > Obviously, tiles are nice, but I got a cube from mefferts with tiles,
                > > and was disappointed, the tiles were not centered, plus the cube just
                > > wasn't good. Where do you guys buy your puzzles?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > ferret

              • Patrick Jameson
                Message 7 of 9 , May 8, 2007
                  Where does it ship from and how are there shipping rates?

                  Patrick

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "xkiesterx"
                  <kianb@...> wrote:

                  > I ordered an eastsheen 4x4x4 and 2x2x2 from cube4you.com and then
                  they
                  > sent me an email saying they don't collaborate with mozilla firefox
                  or
                  > something, anyone know anything about this?
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Corwin"
                  > <aznspazboi@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > www.cube4you.com
                  > >

                  > > I believe they sell both of those, but shipping costs may be a bit
                  > nasty.
                  > >
                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "ferret511"
                  > > <ferret511@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I've been looking into getting a square-1 and or a megaminx,
                  because
                  > > > I've never tried these puzzles. Anyway, I know that you can
                  get a
                  > > > square-1 at rubiks.com, but they have been out of stock for
                  months it
                  > > > seems, plus they don't even have a megaminx.
                  > > >
                  > > > The only other option that I personally know of is
                  mefferts.com, but
                  > > > mefferts doesn't have a square-1 (I don't think). What I
                  wanted to
                  > > > ask you guys is:
                  > > > Is there a reliable place (not ebay) where I can get both of
                  these
                  > > > puzzles?
                  > > >
                  > > > Obviously, tiles are nice, but I got a cube from mefferts with
                  tiles,
                  > > > and was disappointed, the tiles were not centered, plus the
                  cube just
                  > > > wasn't good. Where do you guys buy your puzzles?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > ferret

                • Guilherme Baron
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 8, 2007
                    Hi Patrick,

                    I guess that the company is based in China since their postal service is
                    something like Chinapost.

                    My friend and I did an order of $135.00 including $25.00 of Airmail shipping
                    4-10 days (Parcel Post) to Brazil.

                    Basically I bought 1 Eastsheen 2x2x2, two DIY 3x3x3, 1 Eastsheen 4x4x4 and 1
                    Eastsheen 5x5x5. And some those others strange cubes including one 2x2x2
                    penguin like! :)

                    This is my first order with them. To check the quality of their products
                    since I would like to sell it here because there are no good sellers in
                    Brazil for these "toys".

                    I bought last Friday and Yesterday (Monday) they sent me an email telling
                    that the order was shipped.

                    Now is just wait and see the results! :)

                    Cheers,
                    Guilherme