[Speed Solving Rubik's Cube] Re: Cubing Pains...

  • buddyleeboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      I know that cubing won't cause arthritis; that it will only worsen
      the pain if you already have it. That's why it scares me. I get pain
      in the joints after I cube for awhile. I'm wondering if completely
      normal, arthritis-free people feel knuckle pain after cubing for
      awhile. If you don't... then there's prob something wrong with me
      that I should get checked out. Thanks for the help!

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., "DanG" <dgosbee@s...> wrote:
      > my 2 cents on cube pain.....
      > cubing for years and having performed approx a few hundred thousand
      solves and being in my forites i must say..
      > my hands ,knuckles,wrist hurt like heck after cubing for long
      periods of time.........
      > an example of extreme pain would be from last years demo in Chicago
      where i cubed 1074 times in 30 hours......
      > They basically had to take me to the airport once i was done as i
      could not move my hands or wrists...they totalled locked up..i blew
      them out....death grip so to speak....
      > So i have had to switch to plan B when i cube to avoid pain.......
      > yes its a serious thing and you can get after effects from it
      however long term problems like arthritis etc are usually "Caused" by
      some other means and not by cubing along...Cubing would only add to
      the problem if a person had arthritis....