Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Limit of speedcubing ?

  • Ryan Heise
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi,

      On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 08:16:45PM -0700, Richard Patterson wrote:
      > I found your reference of extended cross not being
      > "pure fridrichs". While I don't know what your
      > definition of pure is,

      There have been a few variants of Fridrich, like orienting the last
      layer edges while inserting the last F2L pair (was Dan Knights the first
      to do this?), or combining the cross and the first F2L pair (Chris
      Hardwick's extended cross). etc. But each of those variants, as well as
      "pure Fridrich" may have different (hypothetical) speed limits (all else
      being equal).

      I don't know what a reasonable estimate is for Fridrich + extended
      cross. That would be interesting too. Andy's 14-6-15 second estimate was
      just for pure Fridrich (without extended cross).

      Ryan
    • d_j_salvia
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi Ton,

        It may be a tad impractical to find many excellent cubes for a
        competition set up like that, but take what I said as an example.

        This can be done one cube at a time. There are many ways that a
        mixed cube can be covered before the start, and it shouldn't be too
        hard to start the timer as soon as the cube is visible.

        For your scenario it might be easy sometime in the future to have a
        computerised scrambling machine.

        David J

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube