Re: Limit of speedcubing ?

  • nviennefr
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Atkinson"
      <unipsycho6@y...> wrote:
      > I was thinking that as I read some other posts on this. If you
      > devoted your entire life to learning God's Algorithm, then solved
      > the cube in 7 seconds whenever you wanted to, would that /really/
      be
      > worth it?

      I don't know god's algorithm , and i don't understand group theory ,
      but in theory the limit could be 6-7 secondes if someone can find
      those 19-20 moves solution (according 3-4 moves per second).... I
      don't know if it is possible for a humain brain to find the god's
      algo during the 15 seconds pre-inspection time !!

      Nicolas.
    • d_j_salvia
      Message 36 of 36 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi Ton,

        It may be a tad impractical to find many excellent cubes for a
        competition set up like that, but take what I said as an example.

        This can be done one cube at a time. There are many ways that a
        mixed cube can be covered before the start, and it shouldn't be too
        hard to start the timer as soon as the cube is visible.

        For your scenario it might be easy sometime in the future to have a
        computerised scrambling machine.

        David J

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube