Boomerang

  • eligeon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
      Has any1 checked out the site yet?
    • addicted_2_my_rubiks_cube
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., eligeon <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Has any1 checked out the site yet?

        i looked at it, and messed around there for awhile. and the cube
        thing is a bit confusing. maybe you could explain the steps in your
        method to us....that would help loads

        -Heath
      • eligeon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
          Yea. I will. I just put the site up for the moment because people
          wanted to know what it is. I promise major improvements. I have
          just gotten a printable last layer page up for the 21 permutations.
        • eligeon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
            Ok. I have put an overview for the method on the site. By the way,
            when you asked for an explanation of the method, did you mean certain
            algorithms?
          • larrpas
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
              Your solution is very close to what I call the F2L "hole" solution.
              Many intermediate cubers (like me) are using it and I think it is a
              natural and simple way (but of course not the fastest) to complete
              the F2L without learning a lot of algorithms. The goal is to complete
              the first layer without 1 corner and use this hole (the missing
              corner) to place the four edges of the second layer, and then, put in
              place the missing corner (you can also finish with the edge). The
              only difference with your solution is the two edge spots that you
              leave empty in the first layer but I don't know how you can exploit
              them to make your solution faster than the old "hole" one.

              LP