Re: 3rd layer in 1-alg & Memorizing algs

  • stiff_hands
    Message 1 of 51 , Aug 4, 2000
      Chris,<br><br>I hope you achieve your goal of
      learning all those moves to do layer 3 in 1
      algorithm.<br>Your method of memorising (as per an earlier post) is
      really interesting - could you post an example of a
      story? I doubt anybody using normal repetition would be
      able to perform such a feat, but using a memory trick
      like that may put it within your reach.<br>My way of
      memorising is to repeat until I feel I should know the
      moves, and then remembering what to me are the key-moves
      in the sequence. This is proving to be a slow and
      painful method!<br>Does anybody else use memory tricks to
      learn the moves quickly? If so maybe you could be the
      partner that Chris is after on his long
      journey.<br>Whatever method you use for the memorisation, I would be
      interested in hearing about it. Post now...
    • slowcuber
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 4, 2000
        Way I memorize moves is: First learn to quickly
        recognize the position in which a move starts. Then, since
        I have a terrible time visualizing where cubes are
        moving, I forget about that. I first just learn the first
        two turns or so of a move; say it starts R U R' U', I
        just try to remember R, or R U. I do that with all the
        moves. Then as a move turns up again and again, I start
        to try to remember the next several turns, R' U'.
        Usually you can see how the move finishes from the last
        three turns or so.<br><br>I also say the move to myself
        as I am doing it when I am learning a new move, I
        find this really helps me.<br><br>And then eventually
        the move is remembered all in my hands. Your hands
        can remember a surprising amount of moves.<br><br>My
        huge problem is finding the cube pairs quickly in F2L;
        that to me is the biggest challenge with this method.