Re: Improvements and a new record

  • Jessica Fridrich
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hello David,

      I have responded once already but the posting did not show up. If it
      eventually does, I apologize to everybody. I hope Yahoo works.

      David, your sudden improvement indicates that your brain is moving
      the system into a different level. You started "digesting" it and now
      you solve without any breaks, right? ;) Keep it up and do not try to
      change or "improve" anything at this point. That could set you back :)

      Also, go ahead and count that average with one lucky OLL. It is a
      valid position as any other. This applies to LLP as well. If you
      discount lucky cases, you should discount unlucky cases when you did
      18.9 because you got a really baaad combination of algs that you
      hate ... That does not make sense, right? So, go ahead and post your
      16.8 average ;)

      It is amazing how the vision of the championship motivates people to
      practice and become good. I doubt we would have that many people
      averaging close to 17 if there was no championship.

      You are 16, right? And possessed, too, right? ;) Congratulations!!!

      Jessica

      > Today I set another new avg record: 17.04 secs
      > My times were:
      > 15.89 16.95 (14.41) 20.00 14.88 (24.53) 16.64 17.58 20.55 16.25
      > 14.49 17.17
      > As you can see very uneven times, but no one was by
      > definition "lucky". I lubed my cube for the first time for several
      > weeks, and that made a very big difference! I also made an avg of
      > 16.80 but one of the solves had a skipped "OLL", so I didn't post
      > it. The last month I have improved from 18.23 to 17.04, and now I
      > wonder if my improvements will ever stop. I guess that the main
      > reason for me becoming faster so quickly is that I train A LOT,
      > often several hours a day. Ron has always said that going slow is
      > the key, and I must agree. At least trying to look ahead as far as
      > possible. It's in the F2L you can save the most time. Hopefully I
      > will put out a video of me cubing some time soon on the net, so you
      > can see my technique or style and who I am.
      > Anyway I just want to encourage everybody to keep on practising,
      > because that's what makes you faster!
      > David Wesley
    • david_cubemaster
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        > Hello David,
        >
        > I have responded once already but the posting did not show up. If
        it
        > eventually does, I apologize to everybody. I hope Yahoo works.
        >
        > David, your sudden improvement indicates that your brain is moving
        > the system into a different level. You started "digesting" it and
        now
        > you solve without any breaks, right? ;) Keep it up and do not try
        > change or "improve" anything at this point. That could set you
        back :)

        > Also, go ahead and count that average with one lucky OLL. It is a
        > valid position as any other. This applies to LLP as well. If you
        > discount lucky cases, you should discount unlucky cases when you
        did
        > 18.9 because you got a really baaad combination of algs that you
        > hate ... That does not make sense, right? So, go ahead and post
        your
        > 16.8 average ;)
        Sorry, I haven't got my times left =( But I'll beat soon anyway...

        > It is amazing how the vision of the championship motivates people
        > practice and become good. I doubt we would have that many people
        > averaging close to 17 if there was no championship.
        >
        > You are 16, right? And possessed, too, right? ;) Congratulations!!!

        Yes I am young and cube often several hours a day =)
        Thanks for your help! I also want to see video of you!