How geeky are you??

  • jasmine_ellen
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30 6:28 PM
      A friend sent this too me:

      http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

      I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this group
      is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the geek
      questions mention Rubik's cubes.

      You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic and I
      reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of them. I
      emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
      questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed, owning
      + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).

      In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek category.

      Have fun!

      Jasmine.
    • James Potter
      Message 2 of 9 , May 30 9:58 PM
        I should have scored higher on that. I only got a 19%, just because I
        don't like Star Trek or Lord of the Rings. I only count as 'geek'.

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > A friend sent this too me:
        >
        > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
        >
        > I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this
        group
        > is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the geek
        > questions mention Rubik's cubes.
        >
        > You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic and I
        > reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of them.
        > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
        > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed,
        owning
        > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
        >
        > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek
        category.

        > Have fun!
        >
        > Jasmine.
      • mrtrickypants
        Message 3 of 9 , May 31 4:44 AM
          you know jasmine, i would think emailing and suggesting ways to score
          higher on a geek test would bump you up AT LEAST another level ;-)

          > > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
          > > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed,
          > owning
          > > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
          > >
          > > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek
          > category.
          > >
          > > Have fun!
          > >
          > > Jasmine.
        • GameOfDeath2
          Message 4 of 9 , May 31 10:37 AM
            I had a webpage that won the coveted "Geek Site of the Day" page a
            while back. Do you think that would count?

            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > A friend sent this too me:
            >
            > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
            >
            > I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this group
            > is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the geek
            > questions mention Rubik's cubes.
            >
            > You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic and I
            > reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of them. I
            > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
            > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed, owning
            > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
            >
            > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek category.
            >
            > Have fun!
            >
            > Jasmine.
          • Hana M. Bizek
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
              I took the test, and did not lie. I made about 17.94% and placed in
              the geek category. Maybe if I lied a little I could make total geek,.
              but I had no desire to. I know next to nothing about vampires,
              smurfs,Star Trek, etc. there were very few cube questions and they
              were trivial. Do you own 2+ Rubik's cubes? I own about 470. Can
              anyone in this group beat me and have more? :-))))
              Hana a kostky

              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > A friend sent this too me:
              >
              > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
              >
              > I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this
              group
              > is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the geek
              > questions mention Rubik's cubes.
              >
              > You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic and I
              > reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of them.
              > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
              > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed,
              owning
              > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
              >
              > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek
              category.

              > Have fun!
              >
              > Jasmine.
            • James Potter
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
                I only have about 5 cubes, and not a SINGLE good one for speed. I'm
                saving my money for a Studio Cube. And a ticket to Toronto. and a
                magic video. And a Mountain Unicycle. Altogether, that will cost- I
                don't know, maybe around a billion dollars.

                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Hana M. Bizek"
                <hanabizek@e...> wrote:
                > I took the test, and did not lie. I made about 17.94% and placed
                in
                > the geek category. Maybe if I lied a little I could make total
                geek,.
                > but I had no desire to. I know next to nothing about vampires,
                > smurfs,Star Trek, etc. there were very few cube questions and they
                > were trivial. Do you own 2+ Rubik's cubes? I own about 470. Can
                > anyone in this group beat me and have more? :-))))
                > Hana a kostky
                >

                > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > A friend sent this too me:
                > >
                > > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
                > >
                > > I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this
                > group
                > > is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the
                geek
                > > questions mention Rubik's cubes.
                > >
                > > You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic and
                > > reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of
                them.
                > > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
                > > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed,
                > owning
                > > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
                > >
                > > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek
                > category.
                > >
                > > Have fun!
                > >
                > > Jasmine.
              • Hana M. Bizek
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
                  I use those cubes to create designs. See http://cube.misto.cz .
                  If you plan to go to the Chsmpionship, you eill need more than a
                  ticket to Toronto. You will need lodgings and meals (unless you can
                  stay with somebody in Toronto.)
                  If you come, please see my designs.
                  Hana a kostky

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Potter"
                  <speed_cuber@y...> wrote:
                  > I only have about 5 cubes, and not a SINGLE good one for speed. I'm
                  > saving my money for a Studio Cube. And a ticket to Toronto. and a
                  > magic video. And a Mountain Unicycle. Altogether, that will cost- I
                  > don't know, maybe around a billion dollars.
                  >
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Hana M. Bizek"
                  > <hanabizek@e...> wrote:
                  > > I took the test, and did not lie. I made about 17.94% and placed
                  > in
                  > > the geek category. Maybe if I lied a little I could make total
                  > geek,.
                  > > but I had no desire to. I know next to nothing about vampires,
                  > > smurfs,Star Trek, etc. there were very few cube questions and
                  they
                  > > were trivial. Do you own 2+ Rubik's cubes? I own about 470. Can
                  > > anyone in this group beat me and have more? :-))))
                  > > Hana a kostky
                  > >

                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
                  > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > > > A friend sent this too me:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
                  > > >
                  > > > I thought I'd post it here because (i) anyone involved in this
                  > > group
                  > > > is undoubtably at least a bit of a geek; and (ii) a few of the
                  > geek
                  > > > questions mention Rubik's cubes.
                  > > >
                  > > > You'll notice that the Rubik's cube questions are very basic
                  and
                  > > > reckon *everyone* in this group would answer 'yes' to all of
                  > them.
                  > > > emailed the webmaster and suggested a few more geeky Rubik's
                  > > > questions (including solving blindfolded, solving one-handed,
                  > > owning
                  > > > + solving the Rubik's family of cubes from 2x2x2 to 5x5x5).
                  > > >
                  > > > In case you are curious, I just scrapped into the Total Geek
                  > > category.
                  > > >
                  > > > Have fun!
                  > > >
                  > > > Jasmine.
                • James Potter
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2003
                    Yeah, my mom has a cousin in Toronto. But I don't know if we will
                    stay with her. Actually, I think we already have reservations at a
                    hotel. I let my parents do all the work. ;) j/k

                    I am planning on seeing your artwork. That will be really cool! How
                    big is each sculpture on average?

                    <hanabizek@e...> wrote:
                    > I use those cubes to create designs. See http://cube.misto.cz .
                    > If you plan to go to the Chsmpionship, you eill need more than a
                    > ticket to Toronto. You will need lodgings and meals (unless you
                    can
                    > stay with somebody in Toronto.)
                    > If you come, please see my designs.
                    > Hana a kostky
                    >
                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Potter"
                    > <speed_cuber@y...> wrote:
                    > > I only have about 5 cubes, and not a SINGLE good one for speed.
                    I'm
                    > > saving my money for a Studio Cube. And a ticket to Toronto. and
                    > > magic video. And a Mountain Unicycle. Altogether, that will cost-
                    > > don't know, maybe around a billion dollars.
                    > >
                    > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Hana M. Bizek"
                    > > <hanabizek@e...> wrote:
                    > > > I took the test, and did not lie. I made about 17.94% and
                    placed
                    > > in
                    > > > the geek category. Maybe if I lied a little I could make total
                    > > geek,.
                    > > > but I had no desire to. I know next to nothing about vampires,
                    > > > smurfs,Star Trek, etc. there were very few cube questions and
                    > they
                    > > > were trivial. Do you own 2+ Rubik's cubes? I own about 470.
                    Can
                    > > > anyone in this group beat me and have more? :-))))
                    > > > Hana a kostky
                    > > >

                    > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen

                    > > > group
                    > > geek

                    > and
                    > > them.
                    > > > owning

                    > > > category.

                  • GameOfDeath2
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 2, 2003
                      <speed_cuber@y...> wrote:
                      > I only have about 5 cubes, and not a SINGLE good one for speed.
                      I'm
                      > saving my money for a Studio Cube. And a ticket to Toronto. and a
                      > magic video. And a Mountain Unicycle. Altogether, that will cost-
                      > don't know, maybe around a billion dollars.

                      Shades of Rain Man? Perhaps you're too fond of the number a billion
                      or don't really appreciate its magnitude.

                      (There isn't enough time to learn a billion places of pi. If you
                      learnt one per second without any interruptions, which in itself is
                      impossible, and could recall them all it would take over 31 years.)

                      I was never too into learning pi. I only got to 830 (after the 3),
                      not even enough to get into the 1000 club. Maybe I will try again
                      after I'm done cubing.