Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Cube Review

Expand Messages
  • GameOfDeath2
    Here s a review of the new cube I just bought. It was a Toybroker s cube and I got it instead of the cheaper one at The Discovery Store because it had my
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 25, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      Here's a review of the new cube I just bought. It was a
      Toybroker's cube and I got it instead of the cheaper one at The
      Discovery Store because it had my colour scheme on it.

      Initial thoughts:
      It seemed a bit stiff but this time I have silicone grease spray on
      my side so maybe that will help.

      Because lubricating with WD40 in the past had caused the
      stickers to go bad, I stuck clear nail varnish over them to protect
      them against the lubricant.

      Opening the cube. This cube is the tightest cube I have ever
      seen. I had to take about 4 screwdrivers to it before I could
      dislodge a piece (in fact, I had got to the point of putting the spray
      on the screwdriver and sliding that into the cube to try and
      spread the lubricant.

      After finally getting an edge out (with an enormous cracking
      sound), it was still very tight so that taking out a corner was still a
      big problem. Indeed even after that getting a second corner out
      was a problem. After that I gave up and just decided to spray the
      stuff in. Putting the edge back in was also extremely hard. It is
      extremely unlikely that a piece will ever accidently pop from this
      cube.

      The lubricant helped a little bit and I was able to spin the sides
      about 90 degrees with one twist but that's hardly any good so I
      again battled a piece out and lubricated some more (and again
      a third time). So now I can't quite get 180 degrees but I can get
      more than 90 degrees.

      This cube also jams a fair bit, probably because it is so tight.
      It is certainly the worst cube I have ever encountered for turning
      (and that includes my c. 20 yr old one from Denmark which is
      pretty bad at twisting but is neat for historical reasons).

      Summary:

      Colour Scheme 5/5
      Twistability 2/5 (if that *)
      Ease of opening 0/5
      Twistability with lubricant 3/5 (NB If I ever se a world class cube
      this may fall - this is only from my experience of cubes *)

      So my plan now is to maybe retire this one to blindfold cubing
      before I even start trying speed stuff on it and go with the
      discovery store. Maybe I can spray paint it with the correct
      colours.
    • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
      ... on ... protect ... spray ... a ... the ... again ... Nice little review Dr, I ve never heard of Toybroker, where did you buy it? I have bought the cube
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 25, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., GameOfDeath2
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        >
        > Here's a review of the new cube I just bought. It was a
        > Toybroker's cube and I got it instead of the cheaper one at The
        > Discovery Store because it had my colour scheme on it.
        >
        > Initial thoughts:
        > It seemed a bit stiff but this time I have silicone grease spray
        on
        > my side so maybe that will help.
        >
        > Because lubricating with WD40 in the past had caused the
        > stickers to go bad, I stuck clear nail varnish over them to
        protect
        > them against the lubricant.
        >
        > Opening the cube. This cube is the tightest cube I have ever
        > seen. I had to take about 4 screwdrivers to it before I could
        > dislodge a piece (in fact, I had got to the point of putting the
        spray
        > on the screwdriver and sliding that into the cube to try and
        > spread the lubricant.
        >
        > After finally getting an edge out (with an enormous cracking
        > sound), it was still very tight so that taking out a corner was still
        a
        > big problem. Indeed even after that getting a second corner out
        > was a problem. After that I gave up and just decided to spray
        the
        > stuff in. Putting the edge back in was also extremely hard. It is
        > extremely unlikely that a piece will ever accidently pop from this
        > cube.
        >
        > The lubricant helped a little bit and I was able to spin the sides
        > about 90 degrees with one twist but that's hardly any good so I
        > again battled a piece out and lubricated some more (and
        again
        > a third time). So now I can't quite get 180 degrees but I can get
        > more than 90 degrees.
        >
        > This cube also jams a fair bit, probably because it is so tight.
        > It is certainly the worst cube I have ever encountered for turning
        > (and that includes my c. 20 yr old one from Denmark which is
        > pretty bad at twisting but is neat for historical reasons).
        >
        > Summary:
        >
        > Colour Scheme 5/5
        > Twistability 2/5 (if that *)
        > Ease of opening 0/5
        > Twistability with lubricant 3/5 (NB If I ever se a world class cube
        > this may fall - this is only from my experience of cubes *)
        >
        > So my plan now is to maybe retire this one to blindfold cubing
        > before I even start trying speed stuff on it and go with the
        > discovery store. Maybe I can spray paint it with the correct
        > colours.

        Nice little review Dr,

        I've never heard of Toybroker, where did you buy it? I have
        bought the cube that Discovery so, it's so rubbish that it's in the
        bin now! I've got a couple of the Oddzon cubes like you can get
        from Hessport, rubiks.com. You can get them in The Gadget
        Shop, The Entertainer and Beatties. Are you in Oxford or
        something? I'm sure one of them stores are near you but if you
        ever go by Lakeside in Thurrock, you'll find luck there.

        Here is my review:

        White on bottom, blue on top, green, red yellow and orange in
        clockwise order. Stickers are laminated paper, opalescent in
        appearance, lasted some 6 months so far with moderate use
        most days, starting to peel a little. It turns very rough but easy
        enough as new, finger tricks are difficult. I opened it, easy too,
        used stiff silicone lube from a pot found in a hardware shop.
        Turns great now if a little lumpy, perhaps cos I never sanded it.

        I know what you mean about your cube being difficult to open. I
        bought some of them custom cube designs Rubenking, Glow in
        the dark etc, I decided to lube them, it's the first time I've ever had
        to use tools to get one open and I swear I though it snapped as it
        came apart! Took me just as long to put the bit back in after too.
      • jasmine_ellen
        I bought a Rubik s brand cube a few months ago and it was *so* tight. I eventually got an edge out, but once I d pulled it apart it was
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 26, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          I bought a Rubik's brand cube a few months ago and it was *so* tight.
          I eventually got an edge out, but once I'd pulled it apart it was
          so_difficult_to_get_it_back_in!! There was no way it was going back
          in by just pushing with my hands. After many attempts, I stood on the
          cube (didn't work) and then jumped on it (also didn't work), then put
          it under the edge of the sofa (still didn't work). I ended up putting
          it under the edge of the sofa and then standing on the sofa...!!
          That's how much force it required!!
        • GameOfDeath2
          ... *so* tight. ... back ... on the ... then put ... putting ... It still jams a bit but the cube is working a lot better today. I ve had some pretty good
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 26, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., jasmine_ellen
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > I bought a Rubik's brand cube a few months ago and it was
            *so* tight.
            > I eventually got an edge out, but once I'd pulled it apart it was
            > so_difficult_to_get_it_back_in!! There was no way it was going
            back
            > in by just pushing with my hands. After many attempts, I stood
            on the
            > cube (didn't work) and then jumped on it (also didn't work),
            then put
            > it under the edge of the sofa (still didn't work). I ended up
            putting
            > it under the edge of the sofa and then standing on the sofa...!!
            > That's how much force it required!!

            It still jams a bit but the cube is working a lot better today. I've had
            some pretty good times (for me). It's still not the best cube I've
            had, but it's much better than it was originally.

            I find that often when I try to go R, I get F' instead. Is this a
            common problem and if so, is it easy to resolve?
          • GameOfDeath2
            Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke). Unfortunately they now do the stickers
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 27, 2002
            • 0 Attachment
              Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store
              (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke).
              Unfortunately they now do the stickers the wrong way for me
              (hence my reluctance to go with them). Anyway, the cube was
              pretty good out of the box (it should be since it is described as
              the world's smoothest turning mechanism) and I was able to do
              some pretty good things for a raw cube. I stuck in the lubricant
              when I got back (didn't varnish this time) - the cube was a lot
              easier to open than my Toybroker's one, but still not the easiest
              and putting it back was harder yet - and it's turning very well. I can
              definitely get 180 and sometimes even 270 degrees on a twist.
              I've only just put the lubricant in so I'm going to wait a bit and see
              if it gets better still. Then at some point I'm either going to have to
              get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle layers
              in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or maybe
              spray it and it will likely become my fast cube. I have a feeling
              that this could be a sub-30 second cube which would be
              amazingly fast for me (my only other sub-30 cube was from the
              Discovery Store too, not that I got sub-30 too often : ) ).

              I can't remember what vategories I had for the other cube but
              suffice to say this cube wins on all accounts except colour
              scheme.
            • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
              ... do ... easiest ... can ... see ... to ... layers ... maybe ... Bleugh Richard, That was the cube that I threw away eventually. Let me tell you, I never
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 27, 2002
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., GameOfDeath2
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                >
                > Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store
                > (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke).
                > Unfortunately they now do the stickers the wrong way for me
                > (hence my reluctance to go with them). Anyway, the cube was
                > pretty good out of the box (it should be since it is described as
                > the world's smoothest turning mechanism) and I was able to
                do
                > some pretty good things for a raw cube. I stuck in the lubricant
                > when I got back (didn't varnish this time) - the cube was a lot
                > easier to open than my Toybroker's one, but still not the
                easiest
                > and putting it back was harder yet - and it's turning very well. I
                can
                > definitely get 180 and sometimes even 270 degrees on a twist.
                > I've only just put the lubricant in so I'm going to wait a bit and
                see
                > if it gets better still. Then at some point I'm either going to have
                to
                > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle
                layers
                > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or
                maybe
                > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube. I have a feeling
                > that this could be a sub-30 second cube which would be
                > amazingly fast for me (my only other sub-30 cube was from the
                > Discovery Store too, not that I got sub-30 too often : ) ).
                >
                > I can't remember what vategories I had for the other cube but
                > suffice to say this cube wins on all accounts except colour
                > scheme.



                Bleugh Richard,

                That was the cube that I threw away eventually. Let me tell you, I
                never throw ANYthing away! If it's like the one I had, it turns kinda
                nice from new, although finger tricks are difficult since the
                centres are not sprung. The same cube? Well, as it wears in,
                and it will quite quickly, the whole thing will loosen up and start to
                jam a lot. It will not jam if it's lubed though, which is what I did,
                then it turned way too easy for me, I kept pinging it out of my
                hands! The wrong sides kept turning and I'd forget where I was
                in an alg. If you rub the centre stickers firmly, you make out a
                hole, just off centre, this is where the centres are fixed to the
                centres by plastic rivets.
              • GameOfDeath2
                ... as ... lubricant ... twist. ... have ... the ... I ... kinda ... to ... was ... It s still the best cube I ve ever seen. I can get a 360 turn on it now.
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 27, 2002
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., GameOfDeath2
                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store
                  > > (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke).
                  > > Unfortunately they now do the stickers the wrong way for me
                  > > (hence my reluctance to go with them). Anyway, the cube was
                  > > pretty good out of the box (it should be since it is described
                  as
                  > > the world's smoothest turning mechanism) and I was able to
                  > do
                  > > some pretty good things for a raw cube. I stuck in the
                  lubricant
                  > > when I got back (didn't varnish this time) - the cube was a lot
                  > > easier to open than my Toybroker's one, but still not the
                  > easiest
                  > > and putting it back was harder yet - and it's turning very well. I
                  > can
                  > > definitely get 180 and sometimes even 270 degrees on a
                  twist.
                  > > I've only just put the lubricant in so I'm going to wait a bit and
                  > see
                  > > if it gets better still. Then at some point I'm either going to
                  have
                  > to
                  > > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle
                  > layers
                  > > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or
                  > maybe
                  > > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube. I have a feeling
                  > > that this could be a sub-30 second cube which would be
                  > > amazingly fast for me (my only other sub-30 cube was from
                  the
                  > > Discovery Store too, not that I got sub-30 too often : ) ).
                  > >
                  > > I can't remember what vategories I had for the other cube but
                  > > suffice to say this cube wins on all accounts except colour
                  > > scheme.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Bleugh Richard,
                  >
                  > That was the cube that I threw away eventually. Let me tell you,
                  I
                  > never throw ANYthing away! If it's like the one I had, it turns
                  kinda
                  > nice from new, although finger tricks are difficult since the
                  > centres are not sprung. The same cube? Well, as it wears in,
                  > and it will quite quickly, the whole thing will loosen up and start
                  to
                  > jam a lot. It will not jam if it's lubed though, which is what I did,
                  > then it turned way too easy for me, I kept pinging it out of my
                  > hands! The wrong sides kept turning and I'd forget where I
                  was
                  > in an alg. If you rub the centre stickers firmly, you make out a
                  > hole, just off centre, this is where the centres are fixed to the
                  > centres by plastic rivets.

                  It's still the best cube I've ever seen. I can get a 360 turn on it
                  now.
                • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                  ... layers ... maybe ... Richard, Email me your address. At a cost of 19p for postage, I really don t mind posting you some bona fide stickers. These
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                  • 0 Attachment
                    >Then at some point I'm either going to have to
                    > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle
                    layers
                    > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or
                    maybe
                    > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube.


                    Richard,

                    Email me your address. At a cost of 19p for postage, I really
                    don't mind posting you some bona fide stickers. These stickers
                    probably wont wear out, since they are 100% plastic rather than
                    that laminated paper rubbish. They are pre arranged on some
                    film so you can place 9 at a time, super quick and super neat. I
                    have plain and spangly, your choice, just let me know if you want
                    them and I'll post them same day!
                  • j_rueth
                    what is the brand? ... can ... see ... have to
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                    • 0 Attachment
                      what is the brand?


                      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., GameOfDeath2 <no_reply@y...>
                      wrote:
                      >
                      > Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store
                      > (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke).
                      > Unfortunately they now do the stickers the wrong way for me
                      > (hence my reluctance to go with them). Anyway, the cube was
                      > pretty good out of the box (it should be since it is described as
                      > the world's smoothest turning mechanism) and I was able to do
                      > some pretty good things for a raw cube. I stuck in the lubricant
                      > when I got back (didn't varnish this time) - the cube was a lot
                      > easier to open than my Toybroker's one, but still not the easiest
                      > and putting it back was harder yet - and it's turning very well. I
                      can
                      > definitely get 180 and sometimes even 270 degrees on a twist.
                      > I've only just put the lubricant in so I'm going to wait a bit and
                      see
                      > if it gets better still. Then at some point I'm either going to
                      have to
                      > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle layers
                      > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or maybe
                      > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube. I have a feeling
                      > that this could be a sub-30 second cube which would be
                      > amazingly fast for me (my only other sub-30 cube was from the
                      > Discovery Store too, not that I got sub-30 too often : ) ).
                      >
                      > I can't remember what vategories I had for the other cube but
                      > suffice to say this cube wins on all accounts except colour
                      > scheme.
                    • GameOfDeath2
                      ... This is going to sound dumb but I don t know. That is to say this very weekend I am going to the Isle of Man to work (!) for 3 months and I have no idea
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                      • 0 Attachment
                        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > >Then at some point I'm either going to have to
                        > > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle
                        > layers
                        > > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or
                        > maybe
                        > > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube.
                        >
                        >
                        > Richard,
                        >
                        > Email me your address.

                        This is going to sound dumb but I don't know. That is to say this
                        very weekend I am going to the Isle of Man to work (!) for 3
                        months and I have no idea where I'll be living as yet.

                        >At a cost of 19p for postage, I really
                        > don't mind posting you some bona fide stickers. These
                        stickers
                        > probably wont wear out, since they are 100% plastic rather
                        than
                        > that laminated paper rubbish. They are pre arranged on some
                        > film so you can place 9 at a time, super quick and super neat. I
                        > have plain and spangly, your choice, just let me know if you
                        want
                        > them and I'll post them same day!
                      • GameOfDeath2
                        ... No idea - it doesn t say. It s completely unmarked, but the corners are hollow if that s of any use. ... ... as ... do ... lubricant ...
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                        • 0 Attachment
                          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., j_rueth <no_reply@y...>
                          wrote:
                          > what is the brand?

                          No idea - it doesn't say. It's completely unmarked, but the
                          corners are hollow if that's of any use.

                          >
                          >
                          > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., GameOfDeath2
                          <no_reply@y...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Today I picked up a cheap £5 cube from the Discovery Store
                          > > (who have supplied my best cube to date, but which broke).
                          > > Unfortunately they now do the stickers the wrong way for me
                          > > (hence my reluctance to go with them). Anyway, the cube was
                          > > pretty good out of the box (it should be since it is described
                          as
                          > > the world's smoothest turning mechanism) and I was able to
                          do
                          > > some pretty good things for a raw cube. I stuck in the
                          lubricant
                          > > when I got back (didn't varnish this time) - the cube was a lot
                          > > easier to open than my Toybroker's one, but still not the
                          easiest
                          > > and putting it back was harder yet - and it's turning very well. I
                          > can
                          > > definitely get 180 and sometimes even 270 degrees on a
                          twist.
                          > > I've only just put the lubricant in so I'm going to wait a bit and
                          > see
                          > > if it gets better still. Then at some point I'm either going to
                          > have to
                          > > get used to the new colour scheme (I can have my middle
                          layers
                          > > in the same order if I use blue on top instead of white) or
                          maybe
                          > > spray it and it will likely become my fast cube. I have a feeling
                          > > that this could be a sub-30 second cube which would be
                          > > amazingly fast for me (my only other sub-30 cube was from
                          the
                          > > Discovery Store too, not that I got sub-30 too often : ) ).
                          > >
                          > > I can't remember what vategories I had for the other cube but
                          > > suffice to say this cube wins on all accounts except colour
                          > > scheme.
                        • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                          ... I think it might be made by Mefferts, but I m only guessing.
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                          • 0 Attachment
                            > > what is the brand?
                            >
                            > No idea - it doesn't say. It's completely unmarked, but the
                            > corners are hollow if that's of any use.


                            I think it might be made by Mefferts, but I'm only guessing.
                          • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                            ... this ... I ll not be using them any time soon, because I used some on my favorite cubes and these stickers last forever! They won t need replacing for
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                            • 0 Attachment
                              > > Email me your address.
                              >
                              > This is going to sound dumb but I don't know. That is to say
                              this
                              > very weekend I am going to the Isle of Man to work (!) for 3
                              > months and I have no idea where I'll be living as yet.


                              I'll not be using them any time soon, because I used some on
                              my favorite cubes and these stickers last forever! They won't
                              need replacing for years. So, I have 2 sets of holographic ones
                              and two sets of plain. Anytime you need some, let me know. Oh,
                              and I also have a set of plain stickers for the Revenge if you're
                              interested.

                              Anyone else need some? I'm in England and I'm happy to send
                              to wherever really.

                              Have fun on the Isle of Man, and don't forget to pack your cube! If
                              you get an address there, I can post to you no problem. Good
                              luck with the work, I know you've been after some work for a
                              while, what will you be doing there? Sounds like a summer job!
                              : ]
                            • GameOfDeath2
                              ... Oh, ... send ... Right - I ve got two new cubes recently so I m going to have a crack at 4 cubes blindfolded some day. Also if I can get one sticker for
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                              • 0 Attachment
                                --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > > Email me your address.
                                > >
                                > > This is going to sound dumb but I don't know. That is to say
                                > this
                                > > very weekend I am going to the Isle of Man to work (!) for 3
                                > > months and I have no idea where I'll be living as yet.
                                >
                                >
                                > I'll not be using them any time soon, because I used some on
                                > my favorite cubes and these stickers last forever! They won't
                                > need replacing for years. So, I have 2 sets of holographic ones
                                > and two sets of plain. Anytime you need some, let me know.
                                Oh,
                                > and I also have a set of plain stickers for the Revenge if you're
                                > interested.
                                >
                                > Anyone else need some? I'm in England and I'm happy to
                                send
                                > to wherever really.
                                >
                                > Have fun on the Isle of Man, and don't forget to pack your cube!

                                Right - I've got two new cubes recently so I'm going to have a
                                crack at 4 cubes blindfolded some day. Also if I can get one
                                sticker for the 5x5x5 (blue I think) to replace one that's fallen off I
                                may have a go at that (but revenge is still hard enough at the
                                moment).

                                >If
                                > you get an address there, I can post to you no problem. Good
                                > luck with the work, I know you've been after some work for a
                                > while, what will you be doing there?

                                I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.

                                >Sounds like a summer job!

                                Maybe it will last longer. Maybe they'll send me back to England
                                early. Who knows?

                                > : ]
                              • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                                What will you be doing there? ... Ohh! secret squirrel! Mi5, not 9 to 5! Would you have to kill me if you told me? Well, whatever you are up to, good
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  What will you be doing there?
                                  >
                                  > I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.
                                  >
                                  > >Sounds like a summer job!
                                  >
                                  > Maybe it will last longer. Maybe they'll send me back to England
                                  > early. Who knows?
                                  >
                                  > > : ]


                                  Ohh! secret squirrel! Mi5, not 9 to 5! Would you have to kill me
                                  if you told me? Well, whatever you are up to, good luck and have
                                  fun ; )

                                  Oh, I don't have a single sticker for the proffesor cube, and it
                                  would seem a shame to split a set I have for the revenge. I'll
                                  keep my eye's peeled though.
                                • GameOfDeath2
                                  ... England ... Actually 8 to 6.30. ... I m not at liberty to divulge that information either.
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 28, 2002
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                    > What will you be doing there?
                                    > >
                                    > > I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.
                                    > >
                                    > > >Sounds like a summer job!
                                    > >
                                    > > Maybe it will last longer. Maybe they'll send me back to
                                    England
                                    > > early. Who knows?
                                    > >
                                    > > > : ]
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Ohh! secret squirrel! Mi5, not 9 to 5!

                                    Actually 8 to 6.30.

                                    >Would you have to kill me
                                    > if you told me?

                                    I'm not at liberty to divulge that information either.

                                    >Well, whatever you are up to, good luck and have
                                    > fun ; )
                                    >
                                    > Oh, I don't have a single sticker for the proffesor cube, and it
                                    > would seem a shame to split a set I have for the revenge. I'll
                                    > keep my eye's peeled though.
                                  • simonlcube
                                    ... I live in Oxford, UK, and I would LOVE some of those plain stickers! My cube has not got to be about 70% white. If the offer is still on, if you email me I
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 1 1:56 AM
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      > I'll not be using them any time soon, because I used some on
                                      > my favorite cubes and these stickers last forever! They won't
                                      > need replacing for years. So, I have 2 sets of holographic ones
                                      > and two sets of plain. Anytime you need some, let me know. Oh,
                                      > and I also have a set of plain stickers for the Revenge if you're
                                      > interested.
                                      >
                                      > Anyone else need some? I'm in England and I'm happy to send
                                      > to wherever really.
                                      >

                                      I live in Oxford, UK, and I would LOVE some of those plain stickers!
                                      My cube has not got to be about 70% white.
                                      If the offer is still on, if you email me I can pass on an address?
                                      Where did you get these sets from? Are they still available?
                                      Simon
                                    • bobbit_at_mac_dot_com
                                      ... stickers! ... address? ... I ll send you an email in a tick... if you want to see where I got them, click here:
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 1 2:37 AM
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        > I live in Oxford, UK, and I would LOVE some of those plain
                                        stickers!
                                        > My cube has not got to be about 70% white.
                                        > If the offer is still on, if you email me I can pass on an
                                        address?
                                        > Where did you get these sets from? Are they still available?
                                        > Simon

                                        I'll send you an email in a tick... if you want to see where I got
                                        them, click here:

                                        http://www.rubikshop.com/cgi-bin/shop_new.cgi/page=quick.htm
                                        l

                                        I really don't recommend the lube. I mean REALLY! Not unless
                                        you like cleaning your cube out afterwards.
                                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.