Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: I'm old...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
      We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just background
      noise to these 15 year-olds.

      On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM, pi3p14159265 <swedishlf@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I used to be good at this game. Then they changed what "good" is and now
      > what I am isn't it any more.
      >

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "psycho_tycho" <tyson.mao@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, I still run competitions. And I'll cube here and there... I just
      > don't do those practice sessions or cubing sessions anymore. But seeing US
      > Nationals last weekend made me realize how much things have changed. Macky
      > is no longer 13... and Casey Persteiner was there. She's another cuber who
      > was frozen in my mind as a 13 year-old, and is now 20. It's a funny world...
      > >
      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, monstertruck794
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Tyson is cubing??!
      > > >
      > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@>

    • stefan_pochmann
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

        > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just background
        > noise to these 15 year-olds.

        None of which got a competition named after them.

        http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011

      • Anthony Hsu
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
          Tyson Mao is LEGEND.

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
            I honestly tried not to have anything to do with this.

            On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Anthony Hsu <erwaman@...> wrote:
            > Tyson Mao is LEGEND.
            >
            > On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM, stefan_pochmann
            > <stefan.pochmann@...>wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...>
            >> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just
            >> background
            >> > noise to these 15 year-olds.
            >>
            >> None of which got a competition named after them.
            >>
            >> http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011
            >>
            >> Cheers!
            >> Stefan

          • Per Kristen Fredlund
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 14, 2011
              Hmm. What is the connection between Mao and Peru. Are they Maoists there?
              :-P

              PS! I'm not a legend. Just a long standing fan. Ok, maybe sorta pioneer of
              fewest moves. Veterans can still hold the force there for a while yet. The
              15 yr olds dont find it spectacular or fast enough. And nowhere to look up
              algs algs and fingertricks for speed. And s good good wont help you much :)

              Per

              Stefan, just admit it. You and Tyson are legends. And Ron ... etc ...

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 15, 2011
                I made a trip to Peru in order to help start the WCA presence there.

                Name of the competition has been officially changed since I don't think
                anyone should be dedicating time to this.

                On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Per Kristen Fredlund <
                per.kristen.fredlund@...> wrote:

                > Hmm. What is the connection between Mao and Peru. Are they Maoists there?
                > :-P
                >
                > PS! I'm not a legend. Just a long standing fan. Ok, maybe sorta pioneer of
                > fewest moves. Veterans can still hold the force there for a while yet. The
                > 15 yr olds dont find it spectacular or fast enough. And nowhere to look up
                > algs algs and fingertricks for speed. And s good good wont help you much :)
                >
                > Per
                >
                > Stefan, just admit it. You and Tyson are legends. And Ron ... etc ...
                >
                > On 14 November 2011 00:35, stefan_pochmann <stefan.pochmann@...
                > >wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just
                > > background
                > > > noise to these 15 year-olds.
                > >
                > > None of which got a competition named after them.
                > >
                > > http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011
                > >
                > > Cheers!
                > > Stefan

              • stefan_pochmann
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

                  > Name of the competition has been officially changed since I don't think
                  > anyone should be dedicating time to this.

                  Bawww... :-(

                  Odd to hear that from the same guy having a "Stefan Pochmann event" every year :-)

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                    But the Stefan Pochmann event is an integral part of cubing!