Re: I'm old...

  • pi3p14159265
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
      I used to be good at this game. Then they changed what "good" is and now what I am isn't it any more.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 18, 2011
        We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just background
        noise to these 15 year-olds.

        On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM, pi3p14159265 <swedishlf@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I used to be good at this game. Then they changed what "good" is and now
        > what I am isn't it any more.
        >

        > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "psycho_tycho" <tyson.mao@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Well, I still run competitions. And I'll cube here and there... I just
        > don't do those practice sessions or cubing sessions anymore. But seeing US
        > Nationals last weekend made me realize how much things have changed. Macky
        > is no longer 13... and Casey Persteiner was there. She's another cuber who
        > was frozen in my mind as a 13 year-old, and is now 20. It's a funny world...
        > >
        > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, monstertruck794
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Tyson is cubing??!
        > > >
        > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@>

      • stefan_pochmann
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

          > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just background
          > noise to these 15 year-olds.

          None of which got a competition named after them.

          http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011

        • Anthony Hsu
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
            Tyson Mao is LEGEND.

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 13, 2011
              I honestly tried not to have anything to do with this.

              On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Anthony Hsu <erwaman@...> wrote:
              > Tyson Mao is LEGEND.
              >
              > On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM, stefan_pochmann
              > <stefan.pochmann@...>wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...>
              >> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just
              >> background
              >> > noise to these 15 year-olds.
              >>
              >> None of which got a competition named after them.
              >>
              >> http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011
              >>
              >> Cheers!
              >> Stefan

            • Per Kristen Fredlund
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 14, 2011
                Hmm. What is the connection between Mao and Peru. Are they Maoists there?
                :-P

                PS! I'm not a legend. Just a long standing fan. Ok, maybe sorta pioneer of
                fewest moves. Veterans can still hold the force there for a while yet. The
                15 yr olds dont find it spectacular or fast enough. And nowhere to look up
                algs algs and fingertricks for speed. And s good good wont help you much :)

                Per

                Stefan, just admit it. You and Tyson are legends. And Ron ... etc ...

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 15, 2011
                  I made a trip to Peru in order to help start the WCA presence there.

                  Name of the competition has been officially changed since I don't think
                  anyone should be dedicating time to this.

                  On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Per Kristen Fredlund <
                  per.kristen.fredlund@...> wrote:

                  > Hmm. What is the connection between Mao and Peru. Are they Maoists there?
                  > :-P
                  >
                  > PS! I'm not a legend. Just a long standing fan. Ok, maybe sorta pioneer of
                  > fewest moves. Veterans can still hold the force there for a while yet. The
                  > 15 yr olds dont find it spectacular or fast enough. And nowhere to look up
                  > algs algs and fingertricks for speed. And s good good wont help you much :)
                  >
                  > Per
                  >
                  > Stefan, just admit it. You and Tyson are legends. And Ron ... etc ...
                  >
                  > On 14 November 2011 00:35, stefan_pochmann <stefan.pochmann@...
                  > >wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > We were all legends... the top of our craft. And now we're just
                  > > background
                  > > > noise to these 15 year-olds.
                  > >
                  > > None of which got a competition named after them.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=TysonMao2011
                  > >
                  > > Cheers!
                  > > Stefan

                • stefan_pochmann
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tyson.mao@...> wrote:

                    > Name of the competition has been officially changed since I don't think
                    > anyone should be dedicating time to this.

                    Bawww... :-(

                    Odd to hear that from the same guy having a "Stefan Pochmann event" every year :-)

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 16, 2011
                      But the Stefan Pochmann event is an integral part of cubing!