Are keychain puzzles allowed?

  • Anthony Hsu
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      Just pondering, would a keychain Pyraminx, or for that matter, any
      keychain puzzle, be allowed for use in a competition? Would the chain
      attached to a corner of the puzzle count as a "modification that
      enhances the basic concept of the puzzle?"

      Not that a keychain puzzle is practical or recommended, just wondering
      what the rule on this is.

      -ant
    • Craig Bouchard
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hey,

        Just came on an old computer and this is the homepage and I saw this. I know there is something in the regulations about them, I'll go look it up for you . I'm pretty sure they are allowed, the chain might have to be removed. Be right back with your answer.

        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Hsu <erwaman@...> wrote:

        > Just pondering, would a keychain Pyraminx, or for that matter, any
        > keychain puzzle, be allowed for use in a competition? Would the chain
        > attached to a corner of the puzzle count as a "modification that
        > enhances the basic concept of the puzzle?"
        >
        > Not that a keychain puzzle is practical or recommended, just wondering
        > what the rule on this is.
        >
        > -ant

      • Craig Bouchard
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
          Nevermind, there doesn't seem to be anything in there, but I remember the discussion coming up before, and feel as though someone once used one in a competition.