Re: how to download scrambles automatically

    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
      Well, I don't really have a good idea to do it fully automatically, but you could open the scrambler in a browser, let it show 95 scrambles (99 seems max), and copy+paste them to a text editor. From there it ought to be easy, and you'd need to do that only once every 19 weeks.

      Other than that, I can only suggest the speedsolving.com forum, which is active (not dead like this group here) and has many tech-savvy guys.

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Dr Cinoto <rwcinoto@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Stefan. I need once a week, 5 scrambles for each of the following:
      > 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Square-1
      >

      > Rafael.
      > 4º lugar no mundo com os pés!!
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKlqxair58
      > Eterno, �tudo aquilo que dura uma fração de segundo,
      >
      > mas com tamanha intensidade, que se petrifica,
      >
      > e nenhuma força jamais o resgata. (Carlos D. A.)
      >
      > Sent via e-mail from Yahoo
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Dr Cinoto
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 5, 2009
        He he, ok! That's a very good idea... I used to do that to scramble the square when I used Jnet and there wasn't a square scrambler there... And do this 3 times a year is not so bad!

        Anyway, I will try the speedsolving as my last chance.

        Thanks for the help!

        Rafael.
        4º lugar no mundo com os pés!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOKlqxair58
        Eterno, é tudo aquilo que dura uma fração de segundo,

      • David Barr
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 6, 2009
          On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Dr Cinoto<rwcinoto@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Stefan. I need once a week, 5 scrambles for each of the following:
          > 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Square-1
          >
          > Rafael.

          You could download the HTML pages for the scramblers from the WCA and
          put them on your own site.

          Add a line to each file to seed the random number generate with a
          constant number so that everyone who loads the pages will see the same
          scrambles.

          Every week, change the random seed to a new number.
        • Dr Cinoto